Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Gun hunting land to lease >

Gun hunting land to lease

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Gun hunting land to lease

Old 06-26-2007, 01:48 PM
Spike

Default Gun hunting land to lease

123 acres of hunting land for lease for the 2007 gun deeer hunting season. Sorry, but no bowhunting. 9 day gun season.

Land is in southern Dunn County, Wisconsin. Secuded valley,Hidden pond, corn crop this year. Food plots. 50 acres open.

Prefer small group of hunters. Serious inquires only.
Old 06-26-2007, 06:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Gun hunting land to lease

Not to be a smart alek... but I gotta ask why no bowhunting?
Old 06-27-2007, 05:56 AM
Spike

Not a bad question at all. Because my 2 sons and I bowhunt it. They are just starting bowhunting.

We gun hunt in a different area.
Old 06-27-2007, 09:59 AM

You expect someone to pay for lease rights and not be able to bowhunt while you and your family bowhunt it before gun season.

I hope your not expecting too many takers on this.

A fool and his money are soon departed.

Old 06-27-2007, 02:12 PM

i agree
Old 06-27-2007, 03:37 PM
Spike

My 2 sons are busy with football and don't have much time to bowhunt. They are just getting into archery and probably won't be in the woods a half a dozen times, if that,between the two of them. The few times they can get out I'd prefer they'd have the place to themselves. Between games, practices and other family events any time in the woods would be random at best.

I have about 70 acres of woods. Not a good idea to overhunt. If I leased it for bowhunting I anticipate it would be hunted a lot which would make it very difficult for my boys to take advantage of their limited opportunities.

I encourage my boys to take does. No small bucks. Highly unlikely they'll ever take a big buck their first few years. I don't foresee the buck population suffering. We have not taken a deer off the land in years.

The price for bow hunting would be alot higher. I can add bowhunting in but it won't be cheap.

I may or may not have a taker on the gun hunt which is fine. I thought I'd see if anyone is interested and be honest about what I was offering.
Old 06-29-2007, 11:15 AM
Fork Horn

Double Droptime,

No need to explain your reasons why this land is only available for a gun hunting lease. Its your land, you do with it, as you please.Best of luck to you and your sons, this coming season. I only wish I lived closer, to take you up on your generous offer.Private hunting land is far and few between in my neck of the woods. I and other hunters are appreciative of these types of offers and not ones tocriticize them.
Old 06-29-2007, 01:32 PM

i wasnt critizing, or even saying noone would take u up on it, i was just saying that for myself, it wouldnt be valuable because i love to bow hunt, more than gun hunt. i was just giving my opinion on the situation. but yea best luck on finding someone to take you up on it.
Old 07-09-2007, 09:07 AM

I would love to hunt there...just got back from there and I Loved it there....just to far from Texas tho