Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Wal-mart guns? >

Wal-mart guns?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Wal-mart guns?

Old 03-24-2007, 12:25 AM

Default Wal-mart guns?

Yay or nay? I know that on many of their upper end electronics, you're not getting the same product you would get if you went to a store like Circuit City. Is such the case with their firearms also?
Old 03-24-2007, 01:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Wal-mart guns?

Their firearms are no different than you would buy at a gunshop. They don't have the selcetion though. Personally, I'd go to a gunshop an make buds with the owner an buy from them before Wally World.
Old 03-24-2007, 03:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wow! Here we go again... Do you really think the manufacturers would chnace the liability of roducing a lesser grade firearm just for one particular chain? With the exception of thier "exclusives" Walmart gets thier firearms from the same distributors the local gunshop does. They simply have the price point worked out better because of thir volume buying.
Old 03-24-2007, 05:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Personally, I'd go to a gunshop an make buds with the owner an buy from them before Wally World
You pretty much don't have any choice any more, most Walmarts quit selling guns.[:@]
I know that on many of their upper end electronics, you're not getting the same product you would get if you went to a store like Circuit City
That's because they don't sell the same products. If the model number is the same, you will be getting the same product.
Old 03-24-2007, 07:42 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Maine Shooter

Wow! Here we go again... Do you really think the manufacturers would chnace the liability of roducing a lesser grade firearm just for one particular chain? With the exception of thier "exclusives" Walmart gets thier firearms from the same distributors the local gunshop does. They simply have the price point worked out better because of thir volume buying.
If a company puts their name on a product, they'd better be ready to stand behind it. Especially if it's sold in WalMart, since they're going to be spreading them far & wide with their distribution.

That being said, you will find suits at WalMart, but you won't find an Armani. You will findcookware at WalMart, but you won't findCalphalon,Viking, Wustoff, or Henckels. You will find dress shoes at WalMart, but you won't find $500 Italianhand-sewn leather ones.

When acompany's credo is, "We sell for LESS!", then you won't expect to find the top-end of any product line there. So while you'll find the SPS models of the Remington 700, you're less likely to find theCDL models, because they cost much more. And while you'll find the < $50 Bushnell scopes there, they don't often carry the 4200 Elite models.

So, if you like the model that WalMart has in stock, and it meets your needs, and you have some trust in the manufacturer, then go ahead & buy it. But if you'd like to compare WalMart's offerings against the manufactuers higher-end models, you'll have to go somewhere else.

I've bought a gun from WalMart once. I like the gun - it works great. But now I prefer to buy elsewhere.
Old 03-24-2007, 07:51 AM

Walmart can also custom order almost any firearm you want. They have a book you can look at and order from. You are limited to just what they have in stock. At least they used to be that way, they are changing a lot of things relating to hunting and firearms.

That being said I would still suggest getting a gun from a local gun shop. Especially if you have any questions. They will mostly likely know a lot more than the kid or girl behind the counter at wally world. It might cost you a bit more, but in the end it will probably be worth it.

Paul
Old 03-24-2007, 08:14 AM
Boone & Crockett

"Walmart can also custom order almost any firearm you want. They have a book you can look at and order from. You are limited to just what they have in stock. At least they used to be that way, they are changing a lot of things relating to hunting and firearms."

The ones here are still that way. Got a Ruger No.1 on order as we speak.

Old 03-24-2007, 08:27 AM
Spike

I like to support independent gun stores when I can. I know they are in business for only one thing, to sell firearms and related equipment. That means they're 100% vested in gun rights. I don't mind paying a little extra to support them. The only problem I have with some (not all) of the gun stores I've gone into is the poor customer service. When buying ammo I've been ignored until I practically stepped behind the counter and helped myself, and I was the only one in the store at the time. I expect that kind ofreception in Wal-Mart, but not when I'm paying premium prices. Luckily I have found a couple of gun stores that have good customer service.
Old 03-24-2007, 09:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: aluminumshooter

I like to support independent gun stores when I can. I know they are in business for only one thing, to sell firearms and related equipment. That means they're 100% vested in gun rights. I don't mind paying a little extra to support them.
EXACTLY! If those extra few dollars saved at Walmart are worth it, by all means don't whine and cry when the local shops are gone and you can't get your service or accessories when walmart stops selling firearms. I'll gladly pay moe to help keep the little local shops rather than simply be a number at a walmart where the clerk at the firearm counter was likely in housewares the shift before.
Old 03-24-2007, 11:13 AM

I always get my guns from Walmart. They have a special order book that I look everytime I go.

Quick Reply: Wal-mart guns?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.