Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Is Cabelas slipping? >

Is Cabelas slipping?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Is Cabelas slipping?

Old 01-30-2007, 10:07 PM
bigcountry

Default Is Cabelas slipping?

I have tried to find cleaning supplies for shooting twice in the last year, and cabelas is very weak these days. Bass Pro is a joke. I have had to place my order with midsouth supply or midwayusa or grafs.

Cabelas use to have everything and the kitchen sink. They seem more interested in selling clothes and shoes these days.

I just ordered a gun vise, and wanted the tipton model. They used to stock it, but now have the "cabelas brand". I also ordered a small tipton 12" cleaning rod. They don't stock this anymore. I also ordered some plated jags, can't find em at cabelas anymore. I like pro-shot cleaning patches, again not at cabelas. I just ordered a scope from swfa optics, cabelas can't touch thier price. Whats going on over there? It used to be my one stop shopping center.

Any of you guys find the same?

Old 01-30-2007, 10:16 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-30-2007, 11:49 PM

Default RE: Is Cabelas slipping?

did u check cabelas on line?....i noticed there catalogs , are not as good as they used to be...online i can find everything, catalog, like u said..clothing and houseware
Old 01-31-2007, 09:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've had a few bad experiences with Cabela's and ordering online. It seems it takes them about 4 days to realize I ordered something from them, then another 2 days to pull it an box it, and then another 2 days to ship it to me. In the meantime I could have placed 3 orders in consecutive days to Midway and had them all, for less shipping, and less overall price.

I did, however, order my EOTech from Cabelas and had them over nite it, hoping to get it in time, and sure enuf it showed up in 2 days I think. Then again it cost me $45.....Good thing I had gift certificates!
Old 01-31-2007, 09:36 AM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: txhoghunter

did u check cabelas on line?....i noticed there catalogs , are not as good as they used to be...online i can find everything, catalog, like u said..clothing and houseware
Online is the only place I order. They kill me with 100lbs of paper in my mailbox a year. I just toss it these days.

Old 01-31-2007, 09:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

I usually use Midway for pretty much everything. But we did just buy a shooting rest from Cabelas and recieved it pretty quick. I think Midway has better people, prices, and service.
Old 01-31-2007, 09:44 AM
Dominant Buck

BC, have you ever tried the J.Dewey cleaning rods? I have six of them. They have the Ball Bearing Handle. I have been using themsince 1997.
Old 01-31-2007, 09:59 AM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: Rebel Hog

BC, have you ever tried the J.Dewey cleaning rods? I have six of them. They have the Ball Bearing Handle. I have been using themsince 1997.
Yea I got a few of them. But they don't make one for pistols that are 12". I have a few long ones. Only bad thing I can say about dewey is CR-10 or harsh chemicals can eat em up.

Old 01-31-2007, 10:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: jeepkid

I usually use Midway for pretty much everything. But we did just buy a shooting rest from Cabelas and recieved it pretty quick. I think Midway has better people, prices, and service.

Got a link to this Midway?? Thanks
Old 01-31-2007, 10:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

midwayusa.com

Quick Reply: Is Cabelas slipping?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.