Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Marlin 30/30 Lever Action >

Marlin 30/30 Lever Action

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Marlin 30/30 Lever Action

Old 02-04-2007, 06:50 AM
Typical Buck

Default Marlin 30/30 Lever Action

A friend of mine (older) who is no longer able to hunt due to age/health issues was talking with me about hunting one night at bowling and mentioned that he still had his guns and was wondering if I wanted them. So, curious to what he had to say in regards to what he had, he told me a few shot guns, this, that, the other thing and a Marlin 30/30 Lever Action. He stated that it was in good shape and about 15 years old.

I told him I was interested in possibly the 30/30 and asked him for a price. With neither of us being a pricing expert on guns (new or older), here's my question. Let's just say it's in excellent condition (because I'm not an expert on what exactly to look for), what do you think would be a fair price for this gun? Now like I said, let's just assume it's in excellent condition.

I know that it's hard to make educated guesses off of little to no information, but I want to be fair in the transaction ashis wifeis having health problems and I like the man enough to give him top dollar for what he is asking. Call it crazy, but he's such a nice guy that anything I can do to push his price up, I'm going to (within reason, of course).

Sorry for the lack of info, but I haven't seen the gun yet. Just trying to get a ballpark figure of what to expect. Thanks.

Old 02-04-2007, 08:58 AM

Default RE: Marlin 30/30 Lever Action

Dixon

You can get a brand new Marlin 30-30 @ Wal-Mart for $310.
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4665644

You can also check and see what some of the older Marlins are going for on some of the internet gun sites.
http://www.gunsamerica.com/
http://www.auctionarms.com/
http://www.gunbroker.com/

This should at least give you a feel for what these rifles are going for and help you decide what "top dollar" should mean

Regards

firstshot
------------------------------------
Make your first shot count!

Old 02-04-2007, 09:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Marlin 30/30 Lever Action

ORIGINAL: Dixon

Let's just say it's in excellent condition (because I'm not an expert on what exactly to look for), what do you think would be a fair price for this gun? Now like I said, let's just assume it's in excellent condition.
Excellent, like new. $250.00 or less. It's just a used Marlin .30/30 - nothing at all special about such a contraption.

Marlin 336
(Gun Number: 976831102) Classified Ad
Guns >> Rifles >> Marlin Firearms Co >> .30-30 Win >> Lever Action
This Marlin 336 is used, it is a lever action 30-30, with a wood stock, and a blued barrel.
Seller: MAHONING VALLEY MILLING CO.INC (FFL Dealer)
$254.99