Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 what's with all the exit wound Pics? >

what's with all the exit wound Pics?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

what's with all the exit wound Pics?

Old 11-22-2006, 02:52 PM
Typical Buck

Default what's with all the exit wound Pics?

I 'd like to say first off I'm no prude but pulllllleeeease! What is up with all the exit wound pics of late.
I'm not against seeing good pics of someone's successful hunt ,but am I the only one who thinks the game we hunt deserve a little more reverance and respect?
Old 11-22-2006, 04:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: what's with all the exit wound Pics?

Sorry have to disagree. In these forums alot of topics are debated and bullet performance is one of them. If a person labels the title "graphic" then I dont see a problem with it. And no I dont see a disrespect to any animal by showing pictures of an exit wound. If thats the case pictures of them gutted, skun, tongues hanging out and blood all over their body is just as disrespectful.
Old 11-22-2006, 04:53 PM
Dominant Buck

I always post clean kill shots.

Old 11-22-2006, 05:38 PM
Fork Horn

Ruddy,

Who field dresses your deer for you. If its so horrible to look at.

I label the pics graphic....if you don't want to see an R rated movie...don't go to the movie. This is a hunter's website.
Old 11-22-2006, 05:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

I quite often surf the hunting websites with the next generation hunter, my 7 year old daughter. I do apreciate the cleaner pics, but the gore is part of life.
Old 11-22-2006, 06:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

this is the gun forum....i like seeing what certain loads done to game...kinda aids in bullet selection..though we should keep it semi clean and keep them labeled in the subject...

another site i visit told us groundhog hunters no more grapic pics. me and a couple other guys that groundhog hunt kept posting in the vamint forum and kinda made it into a contest of sorts....funny what a bullet can do to a groundhog....thats what happens to the INSIDE of a deer before the bullet makes the exit!..but the time they exit a deer they are usually folded back and mushroomed..but exiting a groundhog they seem to be wide open....
Old 11-23-2006, 08:18 AM
Typical Buck

I field dress my own game & butcher it also. One doesn't need a pic of an exit wound to know how the latest and greatest of some 300 lazzeroni mega mag would do or in that matter any round. A deer get's hit broadsideon the highway by a semi doing 60mph one doesn't need a pic to imagine the outcome.
It's true this is a hunter's website, but true hunters have respect for the animals they hunt and IMHO these type of pics have no use.
Old 11-23-2006, 08:56 AM
Fork Horn

I would suggest labeling a post graphic so folks don't have to look if they don't want to.

I always thought a hunting site would imply that sort of thing since it's kind of hard to kill something without blowing a chunk out of it. Personally, I don't think that it shows any lack of respect for the dead animal. Reverance? Never thought about applying to any sort of meat but I was raised on a farm/ranch operation where anthromorphism was not accepted.
Old 11-23-2006, 09:13 AM
Typical Buck

but true hunters have respect for the animals they hunt
I respect the animals I hunt. As a matter of fact, I give them a place of honor on the dinner plate; right beside the mashed patatoes and gravey.

I always thought a hunting site would imply that sort of thing since it's kind of hard to kill something without blowing a chunk out of it. Personally, I don't think that it shows any lack of respect for the dead animal. Reverance? Never thought about applying to any sort of meat but I was raised on a farm/ranch operation where anthromorphism was not accepted.
Ditto!
Old 11-23-2006, 10:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Serious? You hunt and kill animals for sport, and you don't want to see the aftermath? Whatever.

Don't get me wrong, I respect the animals. But it's not a spiritual thing. You stalk an animal. Pull the bowstring, line up the sights, put the crosshairs on it, whatever type of hunting you do. Then you kill the animal. That's it. It's over for him. You've taken his life. Killed. Dead.
Better start learning to deal with the blood part that comes later or get out of the sport. I haven't found an animal yet that doesn't bleed or die when I shoot it.

Quick Reply: what's with all the exit wound Pics?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.