Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 XCR vs. Tikka T3 >

XCR vs. Tikka T3

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

XCR vs. Tikka T3

Old 02-16-2006, 09:52 PM

Default XCR vs. Tikka T3

Ok asI continue my search for a new gunI come across the tikka T3I like the looks and the price but how does it perform in terms of accuracy compared to the remington model 700 XCR?? Any owners of the tikka T3?

Thanks for any input
Old 02-16-2006, 11:26 PM

Default RE: XCR vs. Tikka T3

Tikka T3 owner here. There have been a few posts on here recently about Tikka, so do check them out. I own a T3 varminter .308 in stainless with the heavy barrel. It serves all my needs, heavy accurate, and is a contender in long range competition. I use it when I am not bowhunting, mainly for coyotes and pigs, but I have used it for black bear, moose, black tail, and pronghorn. I use a Leupold 4x12x40 scope on it, and I can really group those bullets tightly. Never had a problem with it, the weight is balanced nicely, and works great for stationary and on the fly shooting. Definately a great rifle, with all the Finnish craftmanship to show for it.
Old 02-16-2006, 11:46 PM

Thanks whatI was hoping to hear. I will top it with a Burris Fullfield II either 3x9 or 4.5x14.5
Old 02-17-2006, 06:36 AM

I have been comparing the T3 to the XCR also. Both look like great guns. The T3 is availible in more caliber choices than the XCR, so that might play a factor.

Fat-Arrow
Old 02-17-2006, 07:49 AM

I have both Tikka T3 and a Remington (not XCR). If you intend to buy a caliber up to .338 I would choose T3. Why I bought Remington is that Tikka do not make any .375 HH. But the Remington is a very accurate rifle no doubt abot that. But Tikka weighs less and shoots exeptionally well.
Old 02-17-2006, 11:22 AM

Is that recall taken care of about magnum stainless barrels blowing up because I will probably get the lite stainless in a magnum
Old 02-17-2006, 12:16 PM

ORIGINAL: ChevyGuy

Is that recall taken care of about magnum stainless barrels blowing up because I will probably get the lite stainless in a magnum
From what I heard and asked around when the problem was happening, it no longer exists. Not a problem anymore.
Old 02-17-2006, 04:31 PM

I have a Remington, but I love my Tikka!
Old 02-17-2006, 06:08 PM

How do you guys like the plastic detachable magazine? Seems to be the only complaint. Either wayI think I am going to be getting this rifle now just the caliber I am leaning towards the 300 WSM. Do you think the recoil will be bad with the lite stainless model. Either way with a scope should be around 7.5 pounds soI dont think it will be too bad.
Old 02-18-2006, 10:02 AM

ORIGINAL: ChevyGuy

How do you guys like the plastic detachable magazine? Seems to be the only complaint. Either way I think I am going to be getting this rifle now just the caliber I am leaning towards the 300 WSM. Do you think the recoil will be bad with the lite stainless model. Either way with a scope should be around 7.5 pounds so I dont think it will be too bad.
Plastic magazines will be the future in sometime. I actually like mine. Lightweight, great spring motion, and reliable. Even though it is a very small weighted part of the rifle, almost non-existent, I believe it helps the rifle in balance by eliminating so many ounces given to the magazine, and that weight is made up in the barrel and the bolt, where it is needed. To answer your recoil issue, it shouldn't be a issue. I fired a 300 WSM in the lite blued and was not bad at all, although I am kinda used to bigger recoils. Hell, I have to be used to my .338 Lapua by now. Anyways, you will like your gun big time.

Quick Reply: XCR vs. Tikka T3

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.