Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 my kid wants a 10/22 >

my kid wants a 10/22

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

my kid wants a 10/22

Old 10-25-2005, 05:45 PM

Default my kid wants a 10/22

Hello all. My 8 year old wants a 10/22 for xmas and I've already decided on the ruger but I have scope questions. I know he's young but he's a big kid for 8 years old and I don't want to invest in junk that he'll outgrow soon. Anyway, I could save quite a bit of money, I think, if I purchase the gun on sale at the "mart" and mount the scope myself. I've only mounted one scope in my life and it went well, but I'm hoping some of you ruger 10/22 lovers would have some pointers as to what I should buy. I would appreciate any input about the scope, mount, rings and ring height.Thanks in advance.
Old 10-25-2005, 06:19 PM

Default RE: my kid wants a 10/22

nice little gun i have one myself. go to this website and ask your question. there are guys just waiting to talk with you there.
RimfireCentral.com
p.s. i got most of my extras from e-bay there is a section just for 10/22's and they have tons of stuff.
Old 10-25-2005, 06:49 PM

You can buy a one piece 10-22 base, and that makes mounting so easy. You just take out the screws in the action, line up the holes, put new screws in, then put the scope on. It is pretty simple. You just have to make sure that your cross hairs are level!
Old 10-26-2005, 06:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bass pro has a stainless synthetic on sale right now for $209.....I was thinking about getting one even though I dont need it.
Old 10-26-2005, 07:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

Nice shooting lill 22. rifles 10/22,s should last a lifetime& plenty of aftermarket things you can get for them like stocks, barrels etc later yep .
Old 10-28-2005, 12:33 AM

I have a Marlin 10/22 that I bought at Wal-Mart about 10 years ago. It's been an excellent gun. I don't think that Wal-Mart sells the Marlin anymore. The Ruger is just as good. I bought a scope for it at Wal-Mart about 5 years ago. It was about $40 for the scope and the mounts. It was a snap to put on the gun. I took it out, sighted it in and I have NEVER had to make an adjustment to it. I shot it last weekend and it was dead on. Not bad at all for $150 worth of gun. I have probably put 4,000 rounds through this thing. I'm thinking about picking up a Ruger for my wife so we can go shoot some tree rats! Matt