Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
Is Anyone Fishing, What Are You Using? >

Is Anyone Fishing, What Are You Using?

Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Is Anyone Fishing, What Are You Using?

Old 04-29-2017, 06:19 PM
Super Moderator

Default Is Anyone Fishing, What Are You Using?

Is anyone fishing, and what are the fish bitting.
Where are you fishing?
Any Pictures?
I caught 1 this big.
Old 04-29-2017, 07:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've been fishing a lot lately, caught Yellow Perch several weeks back on minnows and red worms, on the Mississippi. Caught a mess of kind've small Crappie with my Daughter in a pond near my house on jigs with worms or pork rind. And today I took the boys Redhorse Sucker fishing in the river, caught a bunch on crawlers. While Sucker fishing 2 weeks ago we caught & released a Shovel nose Sturgeon and a huge Lake Sturgeon, they are out of season. My boy fought the big Lake Stugeon for 30 minutes and she cleared the water twice. When he got her near shore i cut the line close to her instead of wearing her completely out. It was the biggest one i've seen close to 6 feet long! My boy was a bit upset that i let it go but it would've took another 15 minutes of exhausting her, just to selfishly get a picture. I love spring time fishing, and i love river fishing because you never know what you'll catch.
Old 04-30-2017, 02:22 AM
Dominant Buck

Wow is all I can say. We have them here in Champlain but I haven't seen one other than at a state hatchery viewing pond. Perch fishing has been great getting lots of 1 pound and up fish all on rubber on an 1/8 oz round headed jig. They are dropping their eggs along with the males squirting so it is messy for the boat...LOL
Old 05-15-2017, 06:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

Nice catch on the sturgeon (havent seen one in a long time( in person) & on the perch to
Old 05-16-2017, 02:18 AM
Dominant Buck

Water temps are getting close to 60 in the back waters. Time to look for flat fish..gills, sunnies and crappie.
Old 05-16-2017, 05:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander
Water temps are getting close to 60 in the back waters. Time to look for flat fish..gills, sunnies and crappie.
They are on the banks here in IL..The bigger crappie are just finishing up now and the smaller ones are moving in. The big gills

Its been pretty inconsistent here with the rain and weather but I managed to clean 57 nice crappie Saturday. They didn't last 10 minutes once they came out of the grease.

Water looks like chocolate milk using purple and chartreuse tube jigs

Last edited by rockport; 05-16-2017 at 05:29 AM.
Old 07-07-2017, 11:25 PM
Spike

You need a fish finder. Without that it becomes very difficult to find fish. Its like fishing without eyes. You get to know where it the fish and where to aim. Makes life easier
Old 09-19-2017, 10:51 AM
Dominant Buck

Yes Johnny....I still try to get out there once a week..My spot wsa opened up so that big boats can fish it }--; BUMMER..so the bite has gotten very tough..When it's tough I use one lure..a black trick worm hooked Texas rig..with a 4 mm glass rattle inserted in the worm... I spray paint my 1/8 th bullet sinkers red..and either pitch the shoreline..or bump up a sandbar from 14 foot to 1 foot very slow..I still get my limit MOST of the time doing that.I also start fishing about 45 minutes before daylight..I fish for largemouth bass