Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Money Making Lures..

Old 03-18-2016, 12:57 PM
Dominant Buck

Default Money Making Lures..

I 've fished many tournaments and won more than I lost..Here are my money makers..since you folks are not in my area..except for maybe 2 of ya..LOl

Big Cranks catch BIG fish..they will wear you and your reel out..but they work..If a hot spot is off come bck later..you may be surprized

Frogs are great BUT I stink on frogs EXCEPT Zoom's Horny Toad..in bullfrog color..Then it's like a rubber worm..you can let them run with it.

In clear tough water..a 3/8 ounce White Rooster Tail kicks butt..Warning...the hooks are small so keep the rod bent.

Grass and dingy water..White Terminator Weedless Spinner Bait..

BEST all round bait..I use a 7 inch Zoom BLACK trick worm..with worm rattles,,,When casting,,,dead stick the worm about 30 seconds..I used to have a big aquarium of bass to study them,,Many times they will swim up within a foot and just stare..and sometimes the curiosity gets the best of them..from a foot away they can simply open their mouth and vacumn the worm in their mouth..so don't be in a hurry.

Semi baits...when the bite is tough..Little George..a tail spinner invented by Tom Mann
Flukes...Jigs ...in dense cover..tree brances etc. Little Betsy..
Heddon Torpedo..Zoom Spook {Walking the dog} Gold and Black back Rapala
rattle traps in deep water or suspended fish..

Last edited by Chuck7; 03-18-2016 at 01:00 PM.
Old 04-12-2017, 03:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've had good luck with the White Terminator Weedless Spinner Bait in grassy, stained water as well. Also the zoom spook.

How difficult is it to get the rattles inside the worms?