Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Trout Fishing

Old 07-22-2014, 12:30 PM
Fork Horn

Default Trout Fishing

I am taking my son kayaking tomorrow on the Caney Fork River here in Tennessee. It is a cold water river that has Rainbow and Brown trout. I have seen a lot of guys fly fishing there but that is a little out of my son's league. Do you guys have any recommendations for bait or lures? Thanks in advance.....
Old 07-22-2014, 01:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Worms, leeches or small Panther Martin or Mepps spinners. Small Len Thompson spoons in the ladybug pattern also work great. I have also used the larger Len Thompson in the ladybug pattern and caught some BIG rainbows on them. The flatfish also gives great results. Good luck, catch lots.
Old 07-22-2014, 01:32 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks you for the pointers....I hope we do catch a bunch. Should be fun!
Old 09-01-2014, 06:31 AM
Spike

Default White River Favorites.

Don't know if it is legal where you are but the #1 bait on the White River in the Ozarks is Corn followed closely by Berkley's Power Bait. Best lures are Mepps, Roostertails, Little Cleos and jerkbaits like Rouges and Countdown Rapalas.