Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
2014 Fish Picture Gallery >

2014 Fish Picture Gallery

Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Old 01-16-2014, 06:16 AM
Super Moderator

Default 2014 Fish Picture Gallery

O.K. Let’s see the 2014 Fish Pictures

What is your Favorite Fish, and Why?
Old 01-27-2014, 02:16 PM
Dominant Buck

Going fishing tomorrow....favorite fish to fish for...the largemouth bass...best technique enjoy fishing...flipping in heavy cover during the spawn.

Best eatting fish...that are available and local...deep fried bass fillets.
Old 02-02-2014, 04:14 PM
Super Moderator

Good Luck.
Old 02-02-2014, 05:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like to fish for Large mouth bass, but small mouth put up a decent fight too...

No pics yet since theres ice most places...the year/season is still young though
Old 02-06-2014, 01:59 PM
Super Moderator

Default The First Bass of 2014

The first Bass of February 6 - 2014
About 8 to 10 oz

Old 02-08-2014, 02:07 PM
Super Moderator

Default Second Bass Feb 8 - 2014

Here is the second Bass of 2014

Old 02-10-2014, 05:58 PM
Super Moderator

I caught some Bass yesterday.
But today it is rain/snow mix.
I will be glad when it warms up.

Old 03-23-2014, 06:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

Just curious but doesn't anyone fish for trout? I'm one of those guys that would take an 8 inch trout from a free flowing mountain stream over the biggest bass that has ever been spawned.
Old 03-23-2014, 09:32 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by flags
Just curious but doesn't anyone fish for trout? I'm one of those guys that would take an 8 inch trout from a free flowing mountain stream over the biggest bass that has ever been spawned.
you talking Brookies? I've got a nice spot for em. I wouldn't ever keep one that was eight inches though. I only ever harvest older Brookies, I kniw the smaller once taste much better but the fact is they don't get stocked every year and you can't go taking all of them. I keep tops one or two Brooke trout a year. Not to say eating the eight in her is nessecarly wrong because it isn't but if its less than 12 inches or so it has lots of spawning left in it. IMO we should do everything to maintain that wonderful resource and beautiful fish.
Rainbows and browns in your bigger stocked rivers like the yough or Potomac are my bread and butter, I haven't started fishing yet but I typically catch limit and keep them all. I don't have to feel bad about doing that to stocked fish three times a week. I eat a lot of trout during these coming months.
I feel the reason people fish for bass mostly is because it takes finesse IMO that is not the case with trout because I use crawdads for bait with trout making it very easy to pull in limit.
I think it's the fight a nice keeper bass puts up, I usually use a jitterbug on top feed days.
my favorite fish to go after is bluegill, I paddle the Jon boat out deep and drop a worm to the bottom. Most if not all bluegill I catch this way are 8 1/2 to 9 1/2 inches this season I'm hoping got eleven inches which is troph citation size for bluegill in maryland. You should see our state record bluegill taken out of deep creek lake. It's a total pig. 5 pounds if I remember correctly.

Last edited by westMDbowhunter; 03-23-2014 at 09:35 AM.
Old 03-23-2014, 09:38 AM
Fork Horn

Default Not 2014 - not mine

Just wanted to show everyone the maryland state record bluegill I mentioned in the last post, hope nobody minds. It was truly a monster though.
Attached Thumbnails 2014 Fish Picture Gallery-image.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.