Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Sink Hole

Old 06-17-2007, 10:27 AM
Typical Buck

Default Sink Hole

Our pond has been dropping for months and it finally is low enough that we can see the problem. There is a sinkhole about 3 foot across sucking water out. We lined the bottom of the pond with about 2 foot of clay, but there is alot of sand under it and I think that there is an underground spring that is pulling all the sand and clay down through it. We are going to try and dig out the area atleast six feet deep and cram it full of clay. If you have any suggestions, please let me know. Thanks
Old 06-17-2007, 03:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Sink Hole

man i have heard every rumor there is about ponds, hogs, clay, toilet paper, and 4 wheelers, but the one thing that has always worked is check with your county extension agent, the hogs also seem too work pretty good, they will make a mudhole that is for sureBTW, i have a good friend that put his pond where he wanted it, and the county ext. agent told him "yea that would be pretty, but it'll never hold water", and boy was he right, in the wet part of the year it is beautiful, but most of the year it is a big deep hole with water running thru one section of it (from underground[:@]) so my suggestion, call your county extension agent, hopefully he can save your pond

good luck, i have felt your fustration before