Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
 Springfield Armory 1911?? >

Springfield Armory 1911??

Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Springfield Armory 1911??

Old 01-26-2005, 06:46 AM

Default Springfield Armory 1911??

First off,, Im not a pistol shooter, and dont know much about handguns,, but have been thinking of getting one, for home protection and just general shooting. Ive pretty much made up my mind to get a .40s/w or a .45 acp. Now I have found a Springfield Armory model 1911 WWII. It is a replica world war 2 1911 .45 with parkerized finish, and walnut grips, with U.S. engraved in the grips. Does anyone know about Springfield Armory guns?? Are they good? And is the 1911 a good model gun?? I love the feel and look of the gun and it is in the caliber I want, but just dont know enough about pistols to make the decision to drop the cash for a brand new gun. Thanks for your advice.
Old 01-26-2005, 07:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Springfield Armory 1911??

I myself like the Springfields, especially with the parkerized finishes.

Couple important questions regarding answering your original question.

1. What condition is it in? (It's gotta be taken down to determine it's condition and value)

2. How much is the asking price?

Uncle Matt (in IL)
Old 01-26-2005, 06:17 PM

uncle matt... The pistol is brand new, still in the case, and never fired, and the asking price is $380.00. Hope this helps.
Old 01-26-2005, 08:12 PM

I owned the Springfield Armory V10 I liked the gun alot accurate dependable and an all around great purchase. My only dislike was the porting made it so darn loud sold it for that reason only. You should have no problems with that pistol. Sounds like a great deal also.
Old 01-27-2005, 07:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yes, the Springfield Milspec and WWII milspec are very good guns and without a doubt, the best value out there for a .45 1911. I almost bought a WWII nilspec but was talked out of it by a gun dealer. These guns are made for a casual shooter and I wanted a pistol to shoot IPSC right out of the box so I ended up with a Loaded model. I still would like to get a WWII Milspec as they have a high 'coolness' factor to me. The downsides are that they have tiny sights, and the ejection port is not lowered like the rest of Springfield's models, so it will ding your brass up pretty bad, but this is only a problem if you plan on doing a lot of handloading for it. I'm not entirely sure if the throat on the WWII model has been ramped and polished either- but this won't be any kind of problem if one only shoots 230 gr FMJs through it. The Springfield Milspec is a similar pistol and costs a few bucks more, but has better sights and a lowered ejection port, and will eat any ammo that you feed it.

If you want a cool gun, get the WWII model, if you want a bang around, reliable gun that will do anything you want it to, get the standard milspec model.

And is the 1911 a good model gun?
The best, sort of like riding a Harley, people don't understand it until they tried it
Old 01-27-2005, 05:02 PM

You will not find a better deal on a full size .45. I have one that I've owned for a couple of years and I have fired just about every kind of ammo through it and not one jam. A very fine product from Springfield Armory.
Old 01-28-2005, 06:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

If I was looking for another .45.............for $380 new I'd buy it.

Uncle Matt (in IL)
Old 01-28-2005, 07:47 PM

Well I did it.. I went and got it today, and fired a few rounds through it. It is my first quality pistol that Ive ever owned, and I hope I like it as much as I think I will. I also have a friend living close by, who is a retired Highway Patrol, Very high ranking, and has been ranked number 1 in the state for pistol shooting, and he highly recommended the gun and said he would teach me to shoot well. I cant wait to start shooting accurately.
Old 02-13-2005, 06:31 PM

heres a pic

Old 02-13-2005, 08:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

I carried the 1911 .45 ACP for several of my service years. It would still be my pistol of choice for self defense. It is noisy and has some recoil to it... please wear hearing protection and if you can get an experienced hand to teach shooting it, all the better. Be sure to clean it and use light oil on the parts after the solvent. (Real oil.) The barrel is relatively thin compared to a revolver; it carbons up quite a bit. Be sure to clean at least twice (check again in a few days) after shooting.

Quick Reply: Springfield Armory 1911??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.