HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Firearm Review Forum (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/firearm-review-forum-33/)
-   -   Tikka T3 hunter..... (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/firearm-review-forum/81484-tikka-t3-hunter.html)

webejonesin2 12-05-2004 05:19 AM

Tikka T3 hunter.....

had chance to handle one last night,--couldn't test fire, 2am-- but it had a nice feel. wasnt overly heavy. nice rifle. with that being said with all choices available, that just put another twist to buying a new rifle. nice huh? thats alright though, time will tell.

G2 Shooter 12-05-2004 06:01 PM

RE: Tikka T3 hunter.....

I have a T3 Hunter in .338 Win and I love it. It's a tad on the heavy side but it helps with the recoil. It doesn't feel like it kicks as much as my .270 WSM with a synthetic stock. I really like the palm swell and the action is slick as anything. The trigger is adjustable and very smooth. Very little creep in mine, just nice and crisp. Right now I am getting 1-1/4" groups with factory Winchester ammo. I can't comment on the price since I traded a friend a black powder pistol for it. He won it at a RMEF banquet and wasn't going to use it. :)

Todd1700 12-05-2004 07:46 PM

I have one in 25-06. I love it. Best factory trigger I've ever found. Slick bolt action. VERY accurate.

webejonesin2 12-06-2004 12:23 PM

How well does the tikka stand up to time?--in a sense being used regularly? , i realize taking care of them is a big factor, i guess the wear a tear caused by themselves, compared to the rest. ie. win,ruger,rem etc.

webejonesin2 12-06-2004 12:55 PM

one more thing, can someone give a comparison for recoil ? being tikka's(according to beretta's site) weight is only 6#-13oz. 24 3/4" barrel. ive shot 300 mag and that wasnt bad. just currious. thnks.

G2 Shooter 12-06-2004 12:57 PM

I can't comment on how well they stand up to time. I have had mine for less than a year and only put about 60 rounds through it. I don't see why they wouldn't hold up as well as any other brand with the same maintenance and care.

G2 Shooter 12-06-2004 01:12 PM

As far as recoil, mine is not bad at all considering it is a magnum. With scope, mounts and ammo, it's pushing 9 pounds so it soaks up a lot of the recoil. My .270 WSM and my friend's .300 WSM kick harder.

webejonesin2 12-06-2004 01:57 PM

Thanks G2, then recoil should be tolerable, considering like you said its a magnum. it just might become a lil late self x-mas presant-:D. you never never know. hehe. thnks again. will let know what is decided on.

midnitefly 12-16-2004 06:29 PM

i have a tika t3, 300 wsm. Ive owned alot of other rifles and this is the best to date. great craftmanship for the money. most accurate out of the box rifle I think you can buy.

biscuit jake 12-17-2004 01:34 PM

Bought a .308 last summer. Accurate,light, modern rifle. Really good trigger. Kicked like a baby mule. In a heavier caliber I would put on a decent recoil pad.