Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
 Tikka T3 magazine reliability >

Tikka T3 magazine reliability

Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Tikka T3 magazine reliability

Old 11-19-2014, 06:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

Same concerns with the Sako A7 mags.
Old 11-20-2014, 01:18 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
only bad thing about polymer mags, if you don't keep them empty except during use, they will gradually spread
RR
Where did you hear/see this. Just curious. I know it is a problem with AK and AR polymer mags. But I wouldn't think it would be an issue with the T3s. The former are double stacked and under more spring pressure than a single stack T3 mag holding only 3 rounds plus it's design has reinforcement ribs for strength.
As for function the mag on the T3 stays in place until you hit the release. The straight feed compliments the silky bolt travel. The first time I cycled the bolt with a loaded mag I had to do a double check to see if the bolt picked up a round. And the polymer material is very strong and not to be confused with a cheap plastic mag.

Last edited by bronko22000; 11-20-2014 at 01:27 PM.
Old 11-21-2014, 04:00 AM
Spike

Default T3 Clip Problem

After posting my clip problem and putting my glasses on, I found a small crack in the back of the clip. That was the problem.

Krazy Glue to the rescue! Seems to work fine now and will be my spare as soon as the new one arrives.

I am not sure if I did, but don't drop your clip.
Old 11-21-2014, 10:42 PM
Fork Horn

I shot my bull this year with a Tika T3 Lite chambered in .270 WIN. He was done after one shot. Overall, I was extremely impressed with the quality of the rifle. It's light weight, accurate, has a good trigger, and the bolt is so smooth. While hunting this year, I remember thinking to myself how easily the magazine seats into the rifle. It stays in place without any issue, and feeds perfectly. I can't envision having any problems with the magazine or the rifle for as much as it gets used throughout the year. I am impressed with the rifle, magazine included.
Old 04-24-2015, 06:27 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by paultelemark
I have had a T3 .270 for about 10 years. Great rifle, however I currently have an issue with the ammo staying in the clip. every time I set the clip down 2 rounds pop out.

Have not had a jamming issue related to this, but I am going to try and find a new clip as I think mine is worn over time, but has not been used much for a 10 year old gun.

Only complaint with the gun is the clip.
I have not experienced this with either of mine. I do not keep the mags loaded when not in use. Not sure if that has anything to do with it. I'm old school, but I know that modern polymers are often more durable than most metals, lighter and do not rust.

I like my old 70s, 77s and 700s, but the Tikkas are seriously accurate out of the box, and mine have been 100% reliable.
Old 04-26-2015, 05:59 AM
Fork Horn

i love my tikka .300 win mag. the gun has been 100% reliable and groups very well. i have however had issues with the clip shearing off the tips of my nosler bullets if i chamber a round and cycle it through without firing. i don't notice any loss of accuracy, tumbling or any other flight issues when fired but it does bother me.
Old 05-07-2015, 05:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

never had any issues with mine.
Old 05-20-2015, 02:48 PM
Spike

No magazine issues at all in 8 years, love that gun it is my most accurate rifle and I own quite a few.
Old 05-25-2015, 04:49 AM
Spike

I haven't had any issues with mine. They are expensive though so I am very careful not to lose it. I need to order a spare.
Old 02-26-2016, 09:02 PM
Spike

I TIKKA T3 light in mud 308 win. for several years and until now i have not had any problems with it.
JohnnyHildo is absolutely right thst sometimes the soft and polymer peaks buiiet crease in the magazine T3, but this problem has a very simple solution which can each alone to do it.
The whole problem is solved as the inside of the artist stuck 1 millimeter oil-resistant rubber.
I hope this is useful fol someone with such a problem.

Quick Reply: Tikka T3 magazine reliability

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.