Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
Henry  44 mag 100 yard report >

Henry 44 mag 100 yard report

Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Henry 44 mag 100 yard report

Old 01-13-2017, 08:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Henry 44 mag 100 yard report

well I'm sure non Henry owners are about tired of hearing me lol...

Anyhow the gun shot great... My best group was roughly 1.5" 3 shot group... I had a slight right cross wind and my group was to right of bull about 2" so I didn't make any windage adj... I fired about 10 rounds total... Gun was sighted in originally at 50 yards so first couple shots at 100 were about 2" low... Made some elevation adj and got group just to right of center of bull... This gun is just plain fun to shoot!!!

I was afraid that maybe I might of made a mistake not buying Marlin but now I'm not... I'm happy with this gun and it will be in the woods with me on opening day of Md opener 2017 if the lord willin 😉
Old 01-15-2017, 02:27 PM
Typical Buck

Old 01-18-2017, 11:28 PM
Super Moderator

I've been considering the henry over the marling... Looking into a .45-70. Like the marlin and know it'll do what I need it to do... there's just something about the Henry...
-Jake
Old 01-20-2017, 12:50 PM
Typical Buck

I just wish they made them all available in pistol grip stocks.I think they only have one model with the pistol grip.
Old 08-18-2017, 12:17 PM
Fork Horn

My buddy and I went and picked up a 44 Golden boy yesterday from a guy that was selling one on another hunting forum for $500. Boy is that rifle sweet.

We did notice there were no sling studs to install a sling.
Old 08-19-2017, 08:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by 270sniper
My buddy and I went and picked up a 44 Golden boy yesterday from a guy that was selling one on another hunting forum for $500. Boy is that rifle sweet.

We did notice there were no sling studs to install a sling.
Drill holes, install studs, put sling on rifle. Easy solution. Any decent sporting goods store should be able to sell you the studs. I've put studs on several rifles that didn't have them from the factory.