Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

New hunting rifle

Old 01-05-2017, 07:36 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Sheridan

Let me ask YOU a question .............. which one do you like ?

Why ??
At this point it seems the savage 10/110-11/111 is the way to go. It has a big following and have heard very little to nothing bad about them. I can get one in my budget and slowly build it to where I want it.
Old 01-05-2017, 07:42 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by alleyyooper
Ever been to a gun show sale event?

They sell scopes there also. about every make and model you want.
Luppys VXII for $50.00 I have seen there. If it has a problem send it to them and have them fix it under warranty.
think it is kind of dumb to stick the snoot in the air over a 50.00 dollar scope my self.

Many a hunter used plain old open sights till their eyes got to old to do so too.

Al
Never been to a gun show as there are none close to me. I would be skeptical of buying from a gun show vendor I didn't know. I get the lifetime warranty but it could turn into a nightmare trying to get the scope up to par. It's like the argument of buying rifle X brand because it's an all American classic. There are many things that are good but some aspect of companies suck. I hear all these people boast about this or that company but there customer service sucked so bad they end up returning and hating the company.