Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Cz 75b

Old 03-24-2016, 04:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Cz 75b

Once again it is political season and gun rights seem to be at risk if some of the wannabe's get elected. Thoughts have turned to buying a large capacity magazine type handgun as that would be an early target for a newly elected anti-2nd Admen. servant of the people. I have become interested in the stainless CZ 75B in 9MM. I prefer steel guns with some heft and this seems to be one. I will not be trying to conceal carry it and probably will not carry it at all. I do not have a 9MM and it would fill that gap, my other handguns are in .22, .357 and 44 Mag. Anyone out there with one of these, is there a better choice in the high-cap. area? Again, I prefer stainless handguns, no alloy or plastic. Thanks.
Old 04-09-2016, 02:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

I had a CZ 75b and loved it. A few years ago, I made one of the most stupidest mistakes ever, by parting ways with it (you know how things can go sometimes... I was in a bind, out of work, etc.. and sold it back to the gun shop). But anyway, the CZ 75b is a hell of a handgun! It feeds anything from regular FMJ target loads to +P hollowpoints, and has never jammed on me - not even once when a little dirty! It is a tackdriver and very comfortable to shoot! Once I get a little more $$$ (and/or a better paying job), I will buy another one!
Old 04-15-2016, 11:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the response ButchA. I have been sidetracked on the CZ 75b, I came across a S&W 5906 that was in decent shape for a fraction of what the CZ would cost. The S&W is used, all stainless and does have the adjustable sight. It may have been a LEO carry gun, the outside shows use, the inside looks great. It does shoot OK too, better then I do. So the 9MM stainless high capacity mag. handgun slot is filled, I did order two extra mags for it, $20 each. I hope your CZ search goes well, or at least you are happy with the stand-in.
Old 04-15-2016, 12:43 PM
Boone & Crockett

I had a 45-06 it had the worst trigger pull of any gun I ever carried on the first shot when you shot double action with the first shot. The gun shot fine but you may as well have just fired the first shot into the ground before bearing down on the sights for the rest of the magazine.
Old 04-16-2016, 03:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

I noticed that the 5906 has a long trigger pull too, even in single action. I read somewhere that the S&W folks did that for safety reasons, so an excited LEO would not unintentionally squeeze off a round. I am used to shooting revolvers and I do that single action so it seems like a long pull before the bang. Other then that I am happy with the gun. It has not failed to fire or had a jam and accurate enough for what it was intended to do. Being heavy it is comfortable to shoot, no recoil noticed at all.