Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

S&W M&P Shield

Old 10-13-2016, 10:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander
Checked them. Look very nice might pick one up. And Uncle Matt aliengear is always good stuff. Highly rated.
The last stuff my one son picked up from Alien Gear was set for life. I guess if he ever wanted to get another CC firearm they would swap out the exist stuff fo what he would need for the new firearm.
Old 10-14-2016, 12:10 AM
Boone & Crockett

After reading this I went on Alien Gear and purchased a paddle holster about 9:30 last night. I couldn't sleep after my surgery and came down on the computer.
I received an email that is was shipped. WOW talk about fast!!!!
Old 10-16-2016, 06:13 AM
Dominant Buck

Did a lot of looking at Aliengear holsters after your post Bronco and now it keeps coming up as pop ups on my computer. I'll probably succumb to the pressure and pick up a cloak tuck 3.0. Sounds like a comfortable IWB holster at a great price. Must be the post surgery buying urge.
Old 10-20-2016, 03:38 PM
Boone & Crockett

I got that Alien Gear, put it on, and really didn't like it. I called them up and returned it today. I dug around my holster drawer and found a Pro Carry from the previously mentioned The Holster Store. The Shield fits perfectly and rides nice and high.
BTW I shot the Shield the other day with 115 grain XTPs and it was shooting 5" low at 12 yards. It was all I had on hand at the time. I will be trying it again soon with 124 gr bullets and see what the POI is.
Old 10-28-2016, 03:36 PM
Boone & Crockett

I've been shooting the crap out of my Shield. I had a couple FTF initially but after another stripping and cleaning I believe it was a small piece of debris in the firing pin area restricting the movement of the firing pin. Since then about 200 rounds with no failures. Nice pistol and more than accurate enough for what it is for - personal defense. Firing quickly I can empty the mag and keep all rounds in a 5" area center mass at 12 yards. Taking my time I can easily cut that group in half.
Old 11-05-2016, 02:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am still happy now that I have had the Shield for almost a year and have put over 500 rounds through it. Not a single malfunction.

Sometimes I carry it in the DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster and other times in a DeSantis OWB. It does not fit as well in my pocket as an LCP but it does work.
Old 12-05-2016, 12:37 PM
Spike

Hard to beat a G43 for a concealed carry gun, but I do like the look and feel of the Shield. I understand they come in .45 nowadays too.
Old 12-05-2016, 12:53 PM
Boone & Crockett

This company does great work on custom holsters for about any handgun. MTRCustomLeather.net They are in NC. I had them make a holster for my Kahr MK40.
Old 02-28-2017, 11:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

I realize this isn't a new thread but I remembered it about the S&W Shields.
I picked up a S&W 45 Shield a little over a week ago. I couldn't pass up a brand new 45 Shield W/O the thumb safety for 369.00.
I'm impressed with it already even after what I'm going to tell you. I only put a magazine full of factory ammo and it didn't miss a beat. It shot so nice.
Here's where all that changes.
I have some 45 ACP reloads that were loaded in 5/89. That's almost 28 yrs ago.
The sizing lube has seeped out over the years from different temperatures. It has formed a ring of this sizing lube where the bullet meets the case. I had the same problem with my SR1911. It will feed but won't let the slide go into full battery. I cleaned a few hundred of them a few years back and the SR1911 ate them up once I cleaned that ring up. These are 230 gr cast bullets. I have probably a couple thousand or more that I need to clean, I'm sure once I do the Shield will eat them up like the Ruger did.

Last edited by Ruger-Redhawk; 03-20-2017 at 02:55 PM.