Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
Ruger m77 hawkeye review >

Ruger m77 hawkeye review

Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Ruger m77 hawkeye review

Old 07-29-2015, 05:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have 2 Ruger 77's, one 223 Rem the other a 280 Rem, both are stainless. I love them and couldn't part with either. As a matter of fact my 280 is my favorite hunting gun, when it comes hunting season that is the rifle I grab 90% of the time. Rugers have a reputation for not being the most accurate rifle but like Nomercy said, bed the action and replace the trigger and they will shoot exceptional, at least mine do. Actually I worked over the stock triggers on both of mine with a fine diamond hone, it is easy to do and both of my Rugers now have exceptional triggers that break clean at about 2 pounds.
Old 07-29-2015, 05:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

I love Ruger firearms for their ruggedness. Trigger and bedding work might be needed.
Old 07-29-2015, 09:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just a fun note - I'll be playing with different Ruger M77 Mark II and Hawkeye triggers this late summer IN THE SAME RIFLE, just to be able to compare the different after market offerings.

I have a Spec-Tech, a Jard (both of which I've never used before in my own Ruger M77's) and a new Timney that I'll be swapping in and out of my wife's new 7mm. I'll likely do a workover on the LC6 factory trigger also.

Once things cool down outside and my summer workload lets up a bit so I can get back out on the range more regularly, I'll post up a thread comparing the 4 options for ease of installation, apparent quality comparison, subjective trigger feel, and objective take-up/overtravel/pull-weight.