Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Ruger Bearcat

Old 11-15-2014, 07:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Ruger Bearcat

I bought a stainless Bearcat for my wife a couple of years ago. It felt really small in my hand so I did not bother shooting it very much. Not too long ago I decided to really try it out and was surprised by what a nice little revolver it was. The non-adjustable sights were actually pretty good and the Bearcat is so small that I would sometimes forget that it was on my belt.

Now there is a second stainless Bearcat at my house - this time it is for me. It is great to carry and shoots much better than I would have ever thought a tiny revolver would.
Old 11-15-2014, 03:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

What's it chambered in? I'm a fan of the LCR. I like the option of replacing the front site, the Hogue grips and "X" (exposed hammer). In .38 P it makes a nice self defense carry. Plus it weighs 13.50 OZ.
Old 11-16-2014, 05:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by jerry d
What's it chambered in?
The Bearcat is a single action .22 six shot revolver with a 4" (maybe it is 4.5") barrel. In the past some were offered in .22 Mag, but mine are both .22. It looks almost exactly like a Single Six but it is scaled down in both size and weight. This is not a CC pistol, it's just a nice tiny little trail gun.
Old 11-16-2014, 01:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Gotcha, I looked it up on the ruger website. Looks like a fun gun for some plinking.
Old 11-17-2014, 09:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a stainless Bearcat from ~10yrs ago, almost forget that I have it most of the time. I lusted after - and continue to do so - the Bearcat "Shopkeeper" this year, but never could bring myself to pull the trigger and bring one home yet.

I have an itch to send my old Bearcat off to Alan Harton with Single Action Service to have him spool it up to 327 Federal Mag like the one I saw that he did for Jeff Quinn, sans the octagonal barrel - and stainless of course, but alas, I have a lot more pressing issues that require three thousand of my hard earned dollars...

Old 05-05-2015, 06:04 PM
Boone & Crockett

Boy I would have never thought the little Bearcat frame would handle the 327 FM! Now that would be a good trail piece. But I'm you on the $3G price tag. whew, that's hard to swallow.

Originally Posted by Nomercy448
I have a stainless Bearcat from ~10yrs ago, almost forget that I have it most of the time. I lusted after - and continue to do so - the Bearcat "Shopkeeper" this year, but never could bring myself to pull the trigger and bring one home yet.

I have an itch to send my old Bearcat off to Alan Harton with Single Action Service to have him spool it up to 327 Federal Mag like the one I saw that he did for Jeff Quinn, sans the octagonal barrel - and stainless of course, but alas, I have a lot more pressing issues that require three thousand of my hard earned dollars...

Old 05-05-2015, 11:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Nomercy448

Translation "Wife said you aint done paying for my new AR yet!!
Old 05-07-2015, 05:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I saw one of the stainless Bearcats at a gun shop awhile back--it does look like a great little gun. I have a stainless Rossi copy of the small S&W revolver so I did not need another of that size. The little Rossi also shoots well for a small gun(and a cheap gun).
Old 07-02-2015, 05:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

After another look on the Ruger website yall will be wanting another Bearcat! They're offering them in adjustable sights now! I still regret getting rid of the older Bearcat I used to have years ago that I had installed better, adjustable sights on, now I can buy another already with adjustable sights from factory, both in blued & stainless!!! http://www.ruger.com/products/newBearcatDE/models.html
Old 07-09-2015, 04:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

They're offering them in adjustable sights now!
That sounds very similar to the "Single Six" that I own. I have in the .22/.22wmr and it is a sweet little pistol.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.