Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
New gun, maybe a new favorite >

New gun, maybe a new favorite

Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

New gun, maybe a new favorite

Old 10-21-2014, 05:26 PM
Spike

Default New gun, maybe a new favorite

Well I picked up a Browning X-bolt in 7mm-08. It has the grey synthetic stock. These guns are just quality, in my opinion. There is nothing that I really don't like about the gun. The tang safety is great, the bolt release mechanism is simply and easy, bolt works nice and it comes with a clip. I love clip fed bolt action guns. I paired it up with a Nikon Prostaff 3-9x50m scope. Shooting 139gr Hornady American Whitetail's through it, it seems to be a pretty good shooter. This may be my new #1 deer gun.

Old 10-22-2014, 05:09 AM
Spike

Default x-bolt

have owned an x-bolt 7mm-08, black synthetic, since the first year they were introduced. Great rifle, great shooter, simple features. Have been hunting with Federal Premiums with Barnes TSX solid copper bullets. Very accurate/deadly. Will never need another whitetail rifle.

Originally Posted by T.C_Hunter
Well I picked up a Browning X-bolt in 7mm-08. It has the grey synthetic stock. These guns are just quality, in my opinion. There is nothing that I really don't like about the gun. The tang safety is great, the bolt release mechanism is simply and easy, bolt works nice and it comes with a clip. I love clip fed bolt action guns. I paired it up with a Nikon Prostaff 3-9x50m scope. Shooting 139gr Hornady American Whitetail's through it, it seems to be a pretty good shooter. This may be my new #1 deer gun.

Old 10-22-2014, 08:14 AM
Boone & Crockett

Brownings are exceptional rifles. I own an A-bolt in 7-08 and it shoots fantastic with 139 gr Hornadys. Not so good though with the 154 gr variety. I like the external magazine on the x-bolt as opposed to the detachable internal magazine of my A-bolt.
Old 10-22-2014, 11:03 AM
Spike

Well I've already killed a couple with the bow, but rifle season opens up on saturday up here, and with my line of work I can hunt every day of the week. So I am really pumped to use my new X bolt.
Old 11-07-2014, 09:40 AM
Banned

oh, very nice. I like it
Old 11-14-2014, 02:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

That's a keeper for sure!!!
Old 11-14-2014, 04:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

And why not !!!

I own a Browning X-Bolt Stainless in .338WM - nuff said.