Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
Browning 30-06 semi auto >

Browning 30-06 semi auto

Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Browning 30-06 semi auto

Old 09-19-2014, 02:57 PM
Spike

Default Browning 30-06 semi auto

I am looking to purchase a browning 30-06 semi auto . BAR . It was made in belgium but assembled in portugal. can anyone tell me what it would be worth . And what they thought about the rifle overall
Old 09-20-2014, 08:21 AM
Typical Buck

I've been out of the biz now to long to guess a current value but quality wise you've got THE greatest big game auto in history! The BAR is legendary, will last 5 lifetimes with proper care & should be MORE than accurate enough for "minute of deer" out to any ranges you'll likely be flingin lead at them. The ol 06 is "deer perfection" as well.

My best bud had never hunted until I bought my farm in 2010 (I've been hunting since the mid 80s). His wife told him, "Drive out to mommas & get a rifle of daddies out of the safe." (His father-in-law passed away over a decade ago) So anyway my bud came back with a pristine blonde stock, Belgian BAR in 30/06. He upgraded the optics with a new vx2 3x9x40 & he's been piling up the critters eversince!

I keep threatening to buy a LongTrac & have it rebarreled to either a 338-06 or 35 Whelen. My own step-father, rest his soul, he wasn't patient enough for alot of deer hunting (preferred bird hunting) but when he did deer hunt he did so with a GORGEOUS deep red stocked 7mag BAR Safari. That gun didn't "pattern", it bored a hole @ 100yds.
Old 09-21-2014, 05:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Used a Belgium 300 Win. for a lot of years. Did a little work to it, and it would shoot a ragged hole on paper all day. Make sure that you keep the piston clean and dry. If you over oil the barrel, it will lock up solid on you. An easy fix, but a pain if it happens in the field. Very reliable. You will like it.
Old 09-23-2014, 06:20 PM
Spike

Default good to hear

just wondering what type of lube should a person use. and how much. And any other advice is always appreciated
Old 09-24-2014, 08:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

No lube whatsoever on the gas piston. A light coat of oil down the barrel and a complete wipe out of oil before using. They are simple to totally disassemble and thoroughly clean. The Belgium is the best of the best.