Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Glock 19c vs 19 slo mo

Old 07-30-2014, 01:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Glock 19c vs 19 slo mo

Video in slow mo comparing recoil/muzzle flip of the Glock 19c and a nonported barrel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZPCQMHeE2Y
Old 07-31-2014, 01:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Kinda surprising...

After having fired both ported and non-ported 19's (no longer own the 19c), I really would have thought there would have been more difference in muzzle jump. Certainly feels different in hand and looks cool shooting at night, but the video pretty clearly depicts that there isn't really any reduction in muzzle flip or rebound time for the ported version.

Would be interesting to see a "part 2" where this was done one handed, or even better, held upside down firing with the pinky.
Old 08-10-2014, 10:25 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Nomercy448
After having fired both ported and non-ported 19's (no longer own the 19c), I really would have thought there would have been more difference in muzzle jump. Certainly feels different in hand and looks cool shooting at night, but the video pretty clearly depicts that there isn't really any reduction in muzzle flip or rebound time for the ported version.
I was thinking the same thing.
Old 08-15-2014, 03:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great idea! I will have to make another video of this
Old 08-15-2014, 05:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'll look forward to watching the new one. It'll be interesting to see how the comparison shakes out in an extreme limp-wrist state. It doesn't really appear to be so, but if you have exceptionally stiff or strong wrists, then maybe the muzzle jump is similar in the two because you manage muzzle jump well, eliminating the benefit of porting. But would there be a difference for a 95lb woman?

For what it's worth, porting in general costs enough extra and I've never felt it helped enough in any handgun that I felt the benefit outweighed the cost.

But again, based on the difference in how they feel, I'm still surprised to see so little difference in the two.