Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
 Charles Daley Shotguns Revisted >

Charles Daley Shotguns Revisted

Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Charles Daley Shotguns Revisted

Old 09-09-2003, 07:40 AM
Typical Buck

Default Charles Daley Shotguns Revisted

Several months ago there was some dicsussion about Charles Daley shotguns, specifically the quality and reliabilty of Charles Daley shotguns. As I recall, most of the comments were very posititve. Some said that something on the shotgun would break within a couple thousand rounds, that he should' ve saved his money up and bought a good shotgun. I posted that I would be keeping track of the number of rounds thru that shotgun and keep this forumm informed.

The situation is, I have a friend who had bought a 12ga Superior or Supreme Hunter back in January or February. He has been shooting a case of shells and clay birds every other weekend since he bought it. Since he bought it, he has ran 14+ cases of shells, everything from 2.75" light trap loads to 3" #4 buck, and has not had a single malfunction or breakage.

I was so impressed with his Charles Daley, that I bought a 20ga Field Hunter a month after he bought his. I have just as many rounds through my 20ga as he has thru his 12ga. I had one stove pipe jam last week, while dove hunting, tha is the only malfunction I have had, and I guess it is due to the fact that I have about 3,000 rounds thru it and I haven' t cleaned it yet. That gun is nasty, but it still ejects empty hulls 20' .

For $300 shotguns they are not a bad deal. So far I am satisfied with Charles Daley shotguns, Yes, you can get better shotguns, but you will have to pay alot more than $300 for them.
Old 12-08-2003, 08:32 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Charles Daley Shotguns Revisted

This past weekend on Sunday a group at our hunt club got together for some clay pigeon shooting. Nothing formal or fancey, just bring some birds and shells and put them in the stack, then get on line.

I shot another 750 or so rounds thru the little Charles Daly 20ga. I did have one stove pipe jam, the very first one. But I contribute that to the fact that I have not clean it since the last time I shot it a great deal. Anyway, a few drops of Break-Free and it never jammed again. The barrel stayed warm most of the day. So far I have run at least 18 cases of shells thru the little Charles Daly 20ga and just one jam and no breakage. So far so good, but only time will tell if it will hold up to 10, 20, 30 thousand or more rounds. I am trying to accurately keep up with how many rounds I put tru this particular Charles Daly shotgun.

No this littel Charles Daly is not nor is it even close to a Beretta 391 or 390, or Benelli, but so far I have been impressed wit this cheap little 20ga.
Old 12-08-2003, 08:50 PM

I have two CDs and have never had a problem with them both the 12 and 20 gauge. Fun little guns that don't break the bank.
Old 12-13-2003, 07:26 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 12-18-2003, 07:09 PM

DG that is a good point. I quail hunt very infrequently and the guys I hunt with only allow 20 gauges on the property. So I picked up a CD at the local Wallyworld and have been pleasantly surprised with the performance so far. I got the usual "hey Walmart called and they want their gun back" taunts then laughed my a$$ off when some of the other guns jammed or malfunctioned.
Old 12-25-2003, 08:28 AM

I two of them and like the gun, I use it waterfowl hunting.
Old 12-25-2003, 09:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

I had one O/U Chas. Daly Superior Grade 20-ga. w/ 2 sets of barrels made by B.C. Miroku. It was as good as any Belgian Browning mechanically, plus the checkering and engraving were BETTER!! I think the Japanese have better manual dexterity, or something!
Old 04-27-2004, 06:18 PM

thanx guys u have really been a big help 2 me because i just went down to the local gun store and was looking at a Charles Daley 20 gauge. I am disabled and I am on a very fixed income, now that I know how reliable these 20 gauges can be I not only think but I know that I will be buying a Charles stately 20 gauge. Like I said thank you so very much.
Old 05-01-2004, 10:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

ajbell, Welcome to the forum.
All reports I've heard about these CD's are been on the positive side.I think it would be a good buy with a limited income.If it does the job it doesn't make any difference if it has Browning or CD stamped on it.Good luck.
Ruger Redhawk
Old 05-24-2004, 07:33 AM
Typical Buck

It would appear that even though Charles Daly is still a good value for the $$, however since they have been bought by KBI, their warrenty policy has changed. Changed for the worse. I don't know about the pre-KBI, Charles Daly warrenty because I've haven't had to use it. But it would seem that KBI, is more concerned with trying to get out of repairing or replaceing their products, than actual trying to make it right with a paying customer. [:@] Here is the link to their (KBI-Charles Daly) warrenty policy. http://www.charlesdaly.com/HTML/publ...timeRepair.asp

I still like Charles Daly shotguns, they are a shooter for a low $$ shotgun. But their warrenty policy will probably keep me from purchasing another Charles Daly anything.

Quick Reply: Charles Daley Shotguns Revisted

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.