Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
Remington SPR22 Double Rifle >

Remington SPR22 Double Rifle

Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Remington SPR22 Double Rifle

Old 11-26-2009, 07:06 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Remington SPR22 Double Rifle

I had a chance to shoot one of these earlier this week up at our cabin. My cousin brought one up in .45-70. What a sweetheart of a rifle. I shot 2 rounds out of it offhand at about 50 yds with open sights. Although both shots were about 6" low, they were only 1/2" apart. The sights, although appearing to be crude, were very easy to pick up and align. The rifle balanced well in the hands and seemed lighter than my Marlin Guide Gun.
Now, I am aware that this rifle cannot take high pressure loads. I think that the reason is the wall thickness of the barrels in this chambering. The 30-06 chambering can handle the higher pressures because the barrel walls are thicker. In any event, I am thinking seriously of getting one of these. I think it would be a blast loading this old cartridge with a black powder substitute and make some smoke with it.
Old 11-27-2009, 12:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

It's been awhile since there has been much discussion about this gun on here...Glad you got to try one, bronko. The POI elevation problem can probably be solved fairly easily. I would have been more concerned about a lot of lateral correction that may have been needed. The idea of loading it up with black powder is a hoot!!!
Old 11-28-2009, 06:15 AM
Boone & Crockett

Yeah PA - the only problem is that I can't get one in the 45-70. They are still around in 30-06. But I want the big holed one.
Old 12-04-2009, 09:59 AM
Fork Horn

i have watched this gun for several years waiting to snatch one,last January i found one on guns america .it was the fastest i ever moved on a firearm.(big fan of doubles) .it is nice to hear someone else who had a good experience with it.i have read some horror stories about some of them in the last 5 years .i took mine out a week after it arrived ,fired 2 shots to get the feel of it then 2 sets with a little more aiming involved .i was very surprised at how well it did shoot, http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/e...23-09_1320.jpg i have since adjusted it where i want it.the adjustment for barrel regulation worked great ..turn down to bring front trigger (right barrel) right,left barrel is regulated to sights. i did do some slight cosmetics to it for my own taste .but i would ,and do give this rifle a good recommendation .it shoots well,looks good(my opinion)barrels are fully adjustable....ps i have been shooting reloads through it that are a little over the standard over the counter pressures of the recommendations,my friend loads them so im not sure what pressure it is ,he says its close ..then laughs http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/e...nra/double.jpg

Last edited by snuffynra; 12-04-2009 at 10:04 AM.