Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
Difference Between 7mm-08 and 308 >

Difference Between 7mm-08 and 308

Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Difference Between 7mm-08 and 308

Old 11-22-2009, 05:41 PM
Spike

now thats funny in itself
Old 11-23-2009, 12:28 AM
Typical Buck

You all know there is a gd tree hugger out there having a heart attack looking at those big old growh trees lying on the ground, crying their freeking eyes out you know.

My hat is off to you, logging is one dangerous job. We need the lumber and paper, keep cutting.
Old 11-23-2009, 05:50 AM
Fork Horn

RP, those are some big darn trees. I only ever met a logger one time, in Maine on a bear hunt. In that profession it helps to look a t things a little differently than most. Hats off to ya. Back to the subject at hand, those are some fine lead flingers you got there, I myself am a 7-08 fan. I sure won't be snuggling up to one of those rigs anytime soon. Fine rifles I must say.
Old 11-23-2009, 09:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Jesus Trip
Snipergal never did muse vocations or anything 308,did she?!? Look for that trend to continue...................(grin)
Probably didn't want to offend your operation of a chainsaw throttle.
Old 11-23-2009, 02:34 PM
Fork Horn

wow relentless (slipshod),as a licensed arborist in NY myself im impressed with the 3120,we dont use any bigger then the 395 in the huskys,(im sure im not as manly as you want everyone to assume you are)but im afraid i have ...oh whats the word ....chainsaw envy .here is my personal saw.although beavertailing a 3120 in a 10' diameter old growth monster would be exhilarating,i would be willing to bet your bullbecker had more culls for you then any of the other likes.slipshods was the name on your melon guard? but hats off to you,though your abilitys to interact with other people (though be it none of them as smart or as manly as you) are in dire need of improvement. im thinking too many stairdowns with springpoles can cause this later in life....one VERY impressed snuffy.
Attached Thumbnails Difference Between 7mm-08 and 308-chainsaw333.jpg  

Last edited by snuffynra; 11-23-2009 at 03:15 PM.
Old 11-23-2009, 03:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

My grandad was a logger and has pictures of some trees that he felled in the same range as what RP is so proud to display and even he doesn't go around bragging about it. Now days even a lot of the guys that felled all those old trees are kind of thinking that maybe they should have left a few more. The guns are nice, the trees are a proud acheivement I am sure, but it's not like you performed brains surgery and saved somebody's life. It was a tree that just stood there and let you carve away on it till you got it on the ground. It doesn't make you freaking Confuscious.
Old 11-23-2009, 06:40 PM
Spike

This guy is a peice of work..............I feel sorry for his kids.
Old 11-27-2009, 06:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

How did this thread go from ''Whats the difference between 7mm-08 and 308'',to cuttin trees,and fishin?
Old 11-29-2009, 07:42 AM
Fork Horn

because someone who was never given a chance to interact with other children when growing up,is trying in vein i might ad to make up for lost ground,you can tell by his/her multiple accounts,and 45 posts per day,he should be in a office with a licensed professional asking about his childhood.. but those are some nice steelies though. im really not sure WHY you think your better then anyone,i have had days on the salmon river like that,running heavy equipment or logging,which are both my job ,does not make me better or smarter then someone who works at a warehouse or restaurant? as far as your kids, they look great,just like any other kid,as a matter of fact i have 2 of them also,so where is it you live a better life then any one else.not to offend anyone else,but when i was a young pup i worked for a excavating company .i remember thinking man these guys are so smart ..building bridges,big buildings ,figuring out problems,getting a tree to go into a certain spot.now that im a little older and have done most of those things ( again im not better then anyone else for it,the part you are not comprehending) i see that i was a little confused ,there are people out there who take someones heart ,lungs, etc,etc out and drive them to another place miles away,put them in another person and FIRE them up...kinda makes felling logs or building that bridge a tad simple.. i guess what im trying to say is you ARE NOT as much of a superhero as your mind thinks. however i do like toying with you,you can change ,it will require professional help,you know the everyday guys that you keep putting down....ok now that i said my piece its your turn to wow us with your internet accent(i do love that)on how wes all just gonna copy your pics to shows what a goods man you is.and hows your boolits go further in space because you dont use the old newtons law you use dianetics ,and ifins you going to be a sniper you have to own a 700NE/308wsm that tosses a boolit at a 47,000 cms per billionth of the atmosphericcoilogical sum of the earths gravatational pull. thanks in advance.now we having fun

Last edited by snuffynra; 11-29-2009 at 08:39 AM.
Old 11-29-2009, 11:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

"She'll reliably do an inch and a half at the 500yd line..............."

I'm not normally one to jump into a fracas like this, but am I the only one calling BS on this? Or am I misunderstanding RP? That statement means that he's shooting .3 MOA at 500 yards. Are there rifles capable of this? Sure- there are a lot of custom rigs nowadays that can achieve this. So if all he is saying is that the rifle is technically capable of this, then I believe him. However, if he is saying that he can himself "reliably" shoot 1.5" groups at 500 yards, then I'd like to see some proof to back that up. If you can shoot that good, you should be entering professional shooting competitions, not slumming around on this website with us mortals .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.