Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
 Browning BPS Pre Dura-Touch coating PROBLEMS >

Browning BPS Pre Dura-Touch coating PROBLEMS

Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Browning BPS Pre Dura-Touch coating PROBLEMS

Old 03-26-2008, 09:24 AM

Default Browning BPS Pre Dura-Touch coating PROBLEMS

I have owneda browning BPS for about the last 12 years,so about 2 years ago,Iupgraded toa newBPS with the camo finish (Pre Dura Touch).NOW THE CAMO IS WEARINGOFF. I sent it off to Browning to be repaired under warrenty. Browning told me that that is NORMAL WEAR! Is anyone else having this problem?
Old 03-26-2008, 03:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Browning BPS Pre Dura-Touch coating PROBLEMS

That CAmo finish is not part of the stock and is a very thin film of plastic..it will wear off with any sort of rough use.
Old 03-26-2008, 06:44 PM
bigcountry

Nope, but I have the same gun and do worry about that.

Old 03-26-2008, 10:06 PM

How do I find out information about what the coatings are made of? If your response is correct I would like to knowif their is a more durablefinish.I use my gun, although I am not rough with it, Ineed a coating thatwill hold up a little better than theBrowning coating that is on my gun. Maybe theDura-Touch coating is better than this one.Has anyone had any problem with theDura-Touch coating?
Old 03-26-2008, 10:14 PM
Boone & Crockett

All of those finished are just a film dip. They will all begin to wear after afew of years of normal use. Usually in the wrist area and where your hand grips the forearm.
Old 03-27-2008, 12:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: alirette

How do I find out information about what the coatings are made of? If your response is correct I would like to know if their is a more durable finish. I use my gun, although I am not rough with it, I need a coating that will hold up a little better than the Browning coating that is on my gun. Maybe the Dura-Touch coating is better than this one. Has anyone had any problem with the Dura-Touch coating?
The premium finish that BowTech is using on some of their bows (I think its called InVelvet or something like that... bigbulls knows I sure) is supposed to be one of the more wear resistant finishes.

In my experience, all camo coatings wear away and fade to almost white. Thats why I always recommend people save their money and the blood pressure points that will come with it!

My best friend had a BPS with Dura-Touch get "cancer" after a saltwater duck hunt. Granted, it was his own dumb self that left his gun sit for a bit (over 24 but less than 72 hours) after hunting in brackish water on the Rappahannock River. The salty air/spray somehow got UNDER the camo coating and caused it to bubble... those bubbles were caused by metal rusting underneath. Whole gun ended up being ruined. Needless to say... he buys black guns now.
Old 03-27-2008, 12:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

I would imagine if someone wanted to make one of those finishes more durable to get someone to spray the gun with Clear Imron ..that should last for the life of the originial purchaser. I don't waste my time with camo and won't pay the extra price for it. I can get cheap camoskins and keep my "CAMO" updated on a yearly basis
Old 03-30-2008, 03:16 PM

I forgot to mention that I live, and hunton theSouth Lousisana Gulf Coast. The salt water problem is so bad here that it is destroying or home, andobviously ourfire arms as well.
Old 03-30-2008, 03:47 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: alirette

I forgot to mention that I live, and hunton theSouth Lousisana Gulf Coast. The salt water problem is so bad here that it is destroying or home, andobviously ourfire arms as well.
I hear that. I duck hunt in salt water alot, and I can't believe how rough it is. I have spray rem oil on it before the hunt, sometimes during the hunt and when I get back to the car. I also sika deer hunt in brackish swamps and it kills my muzzleloader.

Benelli's SBE has a great reputation for keeping its camo on. I am not a big inertia fan, but I know a bunch of friends who hunt salt water and they like it.

Old 03-30-2008, 05:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

The beretta xtrema2 has that aqua coat finish, and you are supposed to be able to leave that thing under salt water for 48 hours and then let it sit for a few days and still have no rust issues. Sounds like overkill to me, but the guys who have them seem to like them.

Quick Reply: Browning BPS Pre Dura-Touch coating PROBLEMS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.