Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
 I have a Browning 12 gauge shotgun barrel,made in Belgium >

I have a Browning 12 gauge shotgun barrel,made in Belgium

Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

I have a Browning 12 gauge shotgun barrel,made in Belgium

Old 08-27-2006, 06:56 PM

Default I have a Browning 12 gauge shotgun barrel,made in Belgium

It was in my grandfathers gun cabinet.I don't have the gun.
The barrel is in good shape.It shoots 2 3/4" shells.Any idea how much it might be worth?Thanks
Old 08-28-2006, 03:26 PM

Default RE: I have a Browning 12 gauge shotgun barrel,made in Belgium

Do you know what model of gun it goes on? If it's from an A-5 it could be worth a fair amount of money.

If no one can give you a good answer hear I can direct you to a place that can.

If it's a belgium A-5 barrel in good condition it could be worth $300 or more. I don't know about the other models.

I just looked and mine says AUTO-5 right on the side of the barrel. Mine is newer one with a jap barrel on it though. I am not sure what older ones had for markings. Like I said though, I know of a place that would most likely know for sure.

Paul
Old 08-28-2006, 03:48 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Paul L Mohr

I just looked and mine says AUTO-5 right on the side of the barrel. Mine is newer one with a jap barrel on it though. I am not sure what older ones had for markings. Like I said though, I know of a place that would most likely know for sure.

Paul
Browning - Date Your Gun

Old 08-28-2006, 05:13 PM

That link really isn't going to do him any good, since the serial number is on the reciever. Unless the older ones have it on the barrel as well. If you posted that for me, I all ready know my date of manufacture. Oh, and the browning site really isn't that accurate, especially with the A-5's. Mine is a is either a 92 or 93, I forget which now. Stalkers are hard to date as well since the serial number are a bit different. They don't even list my serial number codes on that site. (I have a stalker light by the way).

Shotgunworld has a browning forum with some some very knowledgable people on it.

Paul
Old 08-28-2006, 06:03 PM
Dominant Buck

I have 2 barrels for my Brn A-5 and they bothsay made in Belgium! They are worth close to $300 ea.. I also have a Hastings Paradox Barreland it was $284.
Old 08-28-2006, 06:46 PM

From what I have seen if it is in decent condition it is worth a minimum of 300 bucks. Even the Japenese barrels like mine are worth that sometimes. If you have barrel that is somewhat rare or something it could be worth more to someone building a project or something.

My barrel might be worth more as well since it is only 21 inches long. Providing I found the right buyer.

Paul
Old 08-29-2006, 03:55 PM

It has so many numbers and letters on it,I can't understand it.It has asterics and a symbol that looks like a crown.My dad had a Browning Auto 5,that I still use.I'll see if the barrel fits that.
I doubt it does because my grandpa was from PA and you can't hunt PA withsemi auto's.
If it doesn't fit my Auto 5,I'll take it to a gunsmith.
I will be sure to let you know what shotgun it goes to.Thanks guys