Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

New england firearms??

Old 01-22-2006, 07:43 PM

Default RE: New england firearms??

It is a heck of a muzzleloader! I shot it this year to zero in with two other guys with a CVA and a Knight. I out shot them with one inch groups at 100 yds. with a lot cheaper gun. And I like the look of wood and blue. Great gun. Tony!
Old 01-26-2006, 06:58 PM
Boone & Crockett

You are right. They are a great value.
Old 01-26-2006, 07:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like the gun, I like the option of various barrels...

My problem with the whole thing, albeit a small one, is that you have to send the receiver/frame in to get it fitted for each barrel you decide you want. If I understand the law right that means a guy would have to have it sent back to a shop with an FFLwhich adds at least 20-25 dollars to the bill plus the inconvience and gas moneyof having to pick it up (if you live out in the sticks like I do it is an issue). Not to mention not being able to "play" with your toy while it is away at the factory.

Not necessarily a deal breaker but not ideal either......
Old 01-27-2006, 08:37 AM
Boone & Crockett

You don't need an FFL to send an NEF back for new barrel. You just box it up and mail it off. No need to get an FFL when they send it back either. I have sent several back for new barrels. Its fast and easy. Its true that I would rather see a deal like the T?C's where all barrels fit without sending them in for fitting but look at the price difference. No contest. With the new extractors, the sticking brass should be a thing of the past also. They are a good value. Not a bench rest rifle for sure but they have good hunting accuracy and some are real tack drivers. I have or have had a dozen of them, most were more than satisfactory. Try one, I think you will like them.
Old 01-27-2006, 10:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

No need to get an FFL when they send it back either.
Really!!?? Man that IS great news. I wonder how they get around sending a gun to a residence?
Old 01-29-2006, 06:03 PM
Typical Buck

Probably because you had to do a background check initially to buy the original rifle. EJ
Old 01-31-2006, 07:30 AM

I bought a pardner 12 ga. pump shotgun for rabbit hunting, soI wouldnt mess up my wood stock guns,for$I39.00its agreat gun that I canput on the four wheeler or pack through the brairs. And it shoots good also.
Old 01-31-2006, 01:05 PM
Fork Horn

Hi guys. I found out, last year, that you don't even have to go through a FFL dealer to send a hand gun back to the factory. I sent a Kel Tec 380 back for repair. All I had to do was box it up and drop it off to UPS. It was returned to my home the same way.
Old 02-02-2006, 05:55 AM

I have one in 17HMR and that thing is a tack driver. The trigger is not the best, but it shoots consistently accurate.

Fat-Arrow
Old 02-02-2006, 07:30 PM
Typical Buck

Do you have issues with ejection of the brass? I have been posting on the subject and my problem is lessening, but I want to rely on it more as a hunting rifle. I think I am gonna have the chamber polished. It is a dandy shooter! EJ

Quick Reply: New england firearms??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.