Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

custom gun stocks

Old 11-23-2005, 04:17 AM

Default custom gun stocks

im thinking of jazzing up my savage 116 in 3006 with a somewhat wild laminate stock in a off the wall color combo . does any body have any advice on such a stock or who or where to get one , i want a drop in with no modifications needed . thanks in advance .
Old 11-23-2005, 08:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: custom gun stocks

Boyds currently makes stocks to fit these guns. I converted both of my Savage 110's to Laminate stocks (one natural one salt and pepper). At the same time my friend converted his Ruger to a natural laminate from Boyds also. Boyds has them both ways (drop inor needs inletting) I will however caution you that most wood drop in stocks still need a little work done to them. I think the price on them is somewhere around $125. I went with the unfinished stocks because my gunsmith added some layers of clear finish to them to give it a high gloss which I love. Here is a pic of my 300 rum (Savage 110) with the Boyds stock on it.

Old 11-23-2005, 10:29 AM
Typical Buck

Here is another choice http://www.richardsmicrofitstocks.com/They offer many choices to choose from and say they are 99% inletted. As with any aftermarket stock, minor fitting can be required even if they say they are "drop ins"

Here is another option, been hearing rave reveiws http://www.accurateinnovations.com/
Old 11-29-2005, 04:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

As some of the others before have said--- virtually all replacement stocks need some hand fitting work before acceptable results are achieved. All action torque and unwanted barrel pressures need to be checked out, and eliminated. You should consider consulting someone in your area who has experience in this work. It will make things much better for you in the long run.
Just ain't nothin' easy out there, is there?? Ya gotta love it!!!