Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

What Bipod

Old 09-30-2005, 05:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default What Bipod

I am wanting to try a Bipiod on my 7mm. What do you guys suggest?
Old 09-30-2005, 07:24 PM

Default RE: What Bipod

if you really want a bipod i would go with the harris brand. i have a couple of these and have never had any trouble with them. they mount on your front sling stud so there are no mounts to buy. they look neat on a gun but are pretty much useless in the field. mine are setting in the bottom of the gun cabinet. they are to hard to work with in the woods. they add weight to the gun and throw the gun out of balance. they are also very slow to set up and level. i have sense gone with the shooting stick. they are alot faster and easier to work with. i am much happier with the sticks. i just bought a pair of the black ones and added camo tape to them. they work great. plus you can use the sticks on all your rifles and pistols.
Old 09-30-2005, 07:59 PM
Fork Horn

I like Harris myself. This particular model.

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=155546
Old 09-30-2005, 09:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Harris, enough said. On a hunting rig especially a magnum it's more hindrance than help. I only use a bipod on my varmint rigs.
Old 09-30-2005, 09:56 PM
Boone & Crockett

Harris bipods are about the best around but I also agree with the others that under most circumstances they are more of a PITA than of any real use.

There are only a few circumstances where I would want one. Varmint hunting and prong horn hunting on the Western plains are about the only two I can think of.
Old 10-02-2005, 04:24 PM

Look at www.snipepod.com
This one is made to hunt.
Old 10-03-2005, 06:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'll 2nd what others have said. Harris bipods are nice, but if you're not plinking or varmit hunting, they aren't worth it on a hunting rifle.
Old 10-04-2005, 10:14 AM

Harris. . . Got one and use it.
Old 10-04-2005, 09:26 PM

Another vote here for the Harris. Be sure to get the one with the pivot otherwise you will waste all your time fumbling trying to get the rifle level on uneven terrain.
Old 10-05-2005, 05:29 PM

Harris all the way. One guy in my camp has one on his rifleand used it last year in getting his elk. Because of health problems he's not able to get around very well so he road hunts. Spotted several elk on a hill side and set his rifle with the bipod on the hood of his truck. Worked out great for him but the rest of us had to climb the hillto retrieve it. [&:]

Quick Reply: What Bipod

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.