Community
Disabled Hunters How-to's, adapted equipment, methods, disabled hunting laws, managed hunts, and more!

Cross bows

Old 11-01-2004, 08:26 AM

Default Cross bows

I am looking for a cross bow , anyone want to suggest what would be agood one to get.
Old 11-01-2004, 10:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Cross bows

I have had Barnett and Horton,both OK! But I just picked up a Excalibur and that has the best trigger pull and accuracy of all of the other X-bows I have shot...
Old 11-01-2004, 04:57 PM

http://www.crossbow-hunting-crossbows-excalibur.com/

Here is a website that I found that my friends suggested.
Old 11-07-2004, 02:27 PM
Boone & Crockett

My ten point out shoots my horton.Depends if you need a crank what you should consider. I needed a crank and the cranks that you carry with are so big .So I bought the ten point with a crank built in the stock.Shoots excellant 2 inch patterns at 25 yards.I shoot 125 spitfire mechanicals that tear holes like slugs.
Old 11-07-2004, 09:20 PM

I have a Horton that is awesome for me. I am not disabled (although my buddies say I am mentally challenged, lol). I am not familiar with the different cocking devices as I do not require one at this time.

I do have something to add though. I just bought some Montec one piece broad heads and I love them for all reasons. These tips are a one piece design, cutting out blade replacement cost. I shot this tip at my target which most inserts stopped in and it went through, traveled another 30 yards and stuck into a tree base. When I pulled the arrow, the broadhead was not damaged! this was amazing!

Secondly, the tip is very easy to sharpen as you can run it on a stone keeping it flat which takes honing know-how out of the question. finally, these tips are built so rugged that I think the 6 I bought will do me for close to 10 years. What a bargain!

The draw back... about $10.00 each ($29.99 for 3). These tips will cut with amazing precision. If you are disabled, you want a clean kill with a short tracking distance. I would recommend these tips for EVERY hunter, espcially the mobility-challenged.

Good Luck to all hunters!

OhioDuckHunter
Old 11-07-2004, 10:48 PM

Thanks ohioduckhunter that is very much appreciated as I am un able to track long distances.
Old 08-05-2013, 05:18 AM
Spike

Hello everyone,

How day is going, I am also excalibur crossbows seller. If you want you also get more suggest from us please visit now http://www.littlejons.com/.

Best of luck
Old 10-03-2013, 10:50 AM
Fork Horn

I love my tenpoint Warrior HL crossbow, As long as I got my cocking aid, I am all set,

No fuss, No muss, For someone with a heart problem, Its a great thing!
Old 10-03-2013, 07:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Depends on your $$ situation...Parker bushwacker is decent mid range price..ten point is top of the line...
Old 01-06-2015, 02:15 PM
Spike

You opened pandoras box, everyone believes theirs is the best. And they aren't wrong. The best crossbow is the one you can afford, that you can shoot well and effectively kill a deer. That said I bought a Barnett ghost 410, a year ago. And this past Christmas I gave both of my sons Barnett Brotherhoods as Christmas gifts.

Last edited by john mc; 01-06-2015 at 02:18 PM. Reason: grammer

Quick Reply: Cross bows

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.