Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Disabled Hunters
ATTENTION: Florida Gimps, let’s unite. >

ATTENTION: Florida Gimps, let’s unite.

Community
Disabled Hunters How-to's, adapted equipment, methods, disabled hunting laws, managed hunts, and more!

ATTENTION: Florida Gimps, let’s unite.

Old 08-21-2014, 03:01 PM
Spike

Default ATTENTION: Florida Gimps, let’s unite.

Hey Folks,

My name is Rob. I am a transplant from upstate New York where I arranged outdoor recreational activities for disabled sportsmen. My not-for-profit organization was Physically Challenged Sportsmen of America, Inc. I relocated to the Ocala FL area over two years ago and have looked around for a cause in which to get involved much like that I left behind. There isn’t much out there. I have made contact with a few organizations that may sponsor fishing and hunting events for us if organized. If you are content just staying at home, playing on your computer, and watching TV then stop reading and please move on.

It’s the rest of you that I want to address. You’ve hunted and fished all your life and now because you’re old or have suffered a disability due to illness or accident, your loved ones or friends have told you that you can’t do that anymore. They are wrong. I don’t give a flying youknowwhat what level of limitation you have. You can still get out there. I’d like to establish a community of people with some of the difficulties we share in the North central Florida area. It would be a chance for me to matter again about something I feel strongly about. I don’t need to do this for me. I have the means of entertaining myself. I feel the desire to contribute; but hear me, I’m not going it alone. You can decide to wait around and get involved after everything is well established; and if enough people share that attitude nothing will happen. Get in on the ground floor. I’d like to start this with a dozen of truly motivated people who choose to make a difference. Who’s with me?
Old 08-15-2015, 08:22 AM
Spike

What a mess of redneck couch potatoes.
Old 08-16-2015, 06:06 AM
Boone & Crockett

Really, you start a thread by calling disabled sportsmen a demeaning name, many who are disabled because of service to their country and then you are surprised no one responds to your chest thumping self aggrandizing braggadocio! Then you post again with more insults, you are some kind of clown!
Old 08-18-2015, 06:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

At least he waited a year to make his second post, LOL!
Old 08-18-2015, 07:14 AM
Boone & Crockett

I didnt catch that, however, my sentiment remains the same.
Old 08-21-2015, 05:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

guess you both missed that he is also disabled!
RR
Old 08-22-2015, 05:08 AM
Boone & Crockett

Oh look, there is the sniper again. Don't assume what I did and did not miss. I saw every word in the post. I know several disabled hunters and for 2 month every year every Tuesday I and several other members of my club hold fishing nights for disabled veterans. I don't know any that would appreciate being called a gimp by someone else, disabled or not. It is a demeaning word unless you are talking about the kind that is braided for craft making. Then there was the 2nd post, another insult. Why don't you just mind your own business for a change instead of poking your long nose into things that don't concern you!
Old 08-22-2015, 08:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
guess you both missed that he is also disabled!
RR
Didn't miss a thing, and as Oldtimr stated, it has no bearing on the OP calling others a derogatory name because he's disabled himself. You need to mind your own business and quit trolling the site looking to start something with one or both of us because that's what you're doing again and is exactly what I stated last night on the Chuck7 doomsday thread!
Old 08-23-2015, 05:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

public forum guys, as long as I don't break rules I can post anything I want, if you two amigos can band togather and look for stuff to complain about, I can post on any thread I want, get it? got it? good!
RR
and I'm sure both you guys, if you were in public instead of behind your keyboard, overheard a black guy call another black guy a n****r, you would intervene and dress him down for using a derogatory term toward another person, right? what are you two doing in the disabled forum? yet you tell me to mind my own business? LOL!!!!

Last edited by Ridge Runner; 08-23-2015 at 05:18 PM.
Old 08-24-2015, 04:27 AM
Boone & Crockett

Weak, very weak!