Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Disabled Hunters
Congestive Heart Failure? >

Congestive Heart Failure?

Community
Disabled Hunters How-to's, adapted equipment, methods, disabled hunting laws, managed hunts, and more!

Congestive Heart Failure?

Old 10-14-2013, 06:41 PM
Fork Horn

Default Congestive Heart Failure?

Hi all, I have CHF and it's hard for me to hunt some times.

Does anyone ever experience walking up a hill with you gear and getting really winded? And would have to take a few breaks?

I am needing a permeant deer blind I can leave my gear down there. any idea's?
Old 10-17-2013, 01:01 PM
Spike

I'd try this...
http://www.lowes.com/pd_195894-76354-37211296_0__

and a can of this...
http://www.lowes.com/pd_177979-90-19...int&facetInfo=

and this...
http://www.lowes.com/pd_177986-90-19...int&facetInfo=

You can padlock all your gear inside, I'd also bike chain it to a tree if it's a real well traveled area.
Old 10-17-2013, 07:27 PM
Typical Buck

Are you on public land? If people have an opportunity to break into your stuff, they will eventually do it. No matter how good you have it chained up, it's just a deterrent. Concealment is probably more important -- if it's well hid, they won't think about breaking in in the first place. I've left tree stands and hunting carts chained out on public land for years without incident.

(I don't know about congestive heart failure, but I'm 6 years off a heart attack & open heart surgery, so good luck with all that).
Old 10-18-2013, 08:27 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Murdy
Are you on public land? If people have an opportunity to break into your stuff, they will eventually do it. No matter how good you have it chained up, it's just a deterrent. Concealment is probably more important -- if it's well hid, they won't think about breaking in in the first place. I've left tree stands and hunting carts chained out on public land for years without incident.

(I don't know about congestive heart failure, but I'm 6 years off a heart attack & open heart surgery, so good luck with all that).
Thanks Murdy, And no it's private land, And it's a prime deer trail.

Sorry to hear about the Heart attack!
Old 10-19-2013, 07:31 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by The Green Horn Hunter
Thanks Murdy, And no it's private land, And it's a prime deer trail.
Not sure what you are asking here. If you want recommendations for a permanent stand, there are many plans available on the internet one could construct and just as many commercially built ones. No matter what, I would never leave my gear in a stand/blind overnight as there are too many thieves out there. But more importantly, you stated that its hard for you to travel back and forth with your gear? What and how much gear are you taking? A small day pack with some goodies and the weapon your using are all that's needed?

Dragging a 150 plus pound deer back to the car is no easy chore either. Id say get yourself a wheeled cart if your having trouble. You can haul your gear AND your deer.
Old 10-19-2013, 12:31 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by FungusFinder
Not sure what you are asking here. If you want recommendations for a permanent stand, there are many plans available on the internet one could construct and just as many commercially built ones. No matter what, I would never leave my gear in a stand/blind overnight as there are too many thieves out there. But more importantly, you stated that its hard for you to travel back and forth with your gear? What and how much gear are you taking? A small day pack with some goodies and the weapon your using are all that's needed?

Dragging a 150 plus pound deer back to the car is no easy chore either. Id say get yourself a wheeled cart if your having trouble. You can haul your gear AND your deer.
Thank you sir, And yes that's pretty much what I am looking for is a cart and a permeant deer blind. One that can stand up to michigan weather during the winter.
Old 10-20-2013, 08:00 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by FungusFinder
A small day pack with some goodies and the weapon your using are all that's needed?

Exactly my thoughts. I leave the can opener, stove, ps3, electric blanket, window air conditioner, gas generator, and truck at home.

Greenhorn I thought I saw you post something about getting a special "hunt from the truck" license? What do you need any of this stuff for? Just drive to where you want to hunt with all your stuff inside, take along some camo and drape it over the truck. hunt from the bed if need be. You've got everything you could possibly want and need there as far as carrying and loading.
Old 04-05-2014, 08:21 PM
Spike

I always try to take someone with me. or try taking someone new to hunting
Old 04-06-2014, 11:14 AM
RWK
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by The Green Horn Hunter
Hi all, I have CHF and it's hard for me to hunt some times.

Does anyone ever experience walking up a hill with you gear and getting really winded? And would have to take a few breaks?

I am needing a permeant deer blind I can leave my gear down there. any idea's?
Every day NO WIND, it sucks