Community
Disabled Hunters How-to's, adapted equipment, methods, disabled hunting laws, managed hunts, and more!

Disabled Hunts

Old 12-11-2012, 07:46 AM
Spike

Default Disabled Hunts

Thank You to HuntingNet for adding me to the forum but most of all a Big Thank You for having a section totally for the disabled outdoorsman.

I am not a disabled hunter myself but being able to take someone who is, is a ministry that I never dreamed I could enjoy as much as I do. Our organization takes anywhere from 8 to 12 hunters a year locally, these hunters range from mobility issues to specially challenged. These kids and adults are from a draw of a about 80 in the Golden Triangle Area. We take the entire group in the spring on a Catfish Round Up where they have to opportunity to catch catfish and enjoy lunch picnics lakeside.

This is one of our setups we use. Note that this setup is not the most expensive you will see......it just works!!

Again Thanks!!
Chris
Old 12-11-2012, 08:52 AM
Fork Horn

Thumbs up to you!
Old 08-07-2013, 06:34 PM
Spike

Smile Disabled Hunters

Hi, I have taken disabled hunters in the past. I really would like to take more. The excitement that comes from this is unexplainable. I really would like to take hunters out with disabilities more often how can I get more involved. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-10-2014, 08:38 PM
Spike

I have got to thank you too I have just became 100% disabled and it's hard making adjustments to still be able to spend time hunting and fishing that I love I hope I learn some ideas of how to get around since I have a very limited walking range.
Old 04-04-2014, 09:07 PM
Spike

Hats off to all who help these courages hunters!
Old 08-19-2014, 04:24 AM
Spike

Disabled Hunters:

BADF Disabled Services uses its combined resources to locate and organize opportunities for people with physical disabilities. Hunts are organized on private lands and with commercial outfitters. We also offer substantial support at state and local levels through established BADF chapters. These chapters raise funds and work together to meet the needs of handicapped sportsmen in their communities.

Grants of equipment and hunting scholarships are also available to qualified persons withdisabilities. Our average grant/scholarship applicant is unable to participate in gainful employment and receives less than $10,000 a year in income and benefits. This is hardly enough money to live on, much less cover the extensive medical expenses most incur. We make dream hunts reality for many disabled hunters every year.

Our year-round program creates environments where people with disabilities can offer peer support to one another. The camaraderie facilitates hope and fosters confidence, self-esteem and independence among our participants. It gives them a chance to participate again in something that once was a very important part of their lives. There are no membership fees or clubs to join.
Old 09-22-2014, 02:44 PM
Spike

I am disabled/use a manual wheelchair. I would like information on outfitters that have taken disabled sportsmen elk hunting in the past.
Old 06-19-2018, 03:40 AM
Spike

Am glad to see others facilitating hunts for the disabled. Good to see as a ministry.

David