Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Disabled Hunters
 Disabled hunter thread >

Disabled hunter thread

Community
Disabled Hunters How-to's, adapted equipment, methods, disabled hunting laws, managed hunts, and more!

Disabled hunter thread

Old 09-26-2009, 04:53 PM
Fork Horn

put me in on it.i do not hunt to much anymore but i can take my grandson out now yahooo.i got him this 22 for his 5th bday.if you look he has 3 in the black ring this was from 25 yards and his first time with this gun.look out tree rats Disabled hunter thread-015.jpg
Old 09-27-2009, 03:15 PM
Fork Horn

Another gimp here. I broke my back on 2002 and have suffered from chronic pain ever since. The pain has increased tremedously over the last six months but I try to stay avtive. I was just approved for a spinal cord stimulator this past week and am praying that this will be the break that I have been looking for. I love the outdoors, hunting, fishing, just about anything that I am able to these days. I look forward to hearing from some of you with ideas on how you adapt.
Old 10-06-2009, 09:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Bigtimer
Another gimp here. I broke my back on 2002 and have suffered from chronic pain ever since. The pain has increased tremedously over the last six months but I try to stay avtive. I was just approved for a spinal cord stimulator this past week and am praying that this will be the break that I have been looking for. I love the outdoors, hunting, fishing, just about anything that I am able to these days. I look forward to hearing from some of you with ideas on how you adapt.
That sucks about your back. I didn't break mine but I have a lot of other problems. I have surgery set for November second. They're going to fuse five vertebrae, I'm getting plates bolted to the front of my spine and rods down the back. They're going to start at L3 and go down to S2, S1 and S2 aren't fused like a normal person so my body grew a rudimentary disk between the two. It ruptured and it's pressing on my spinal cord. No hunting for me this year.
Old 10-07-2009, 02:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Add one more to the list,I've had MS since 1987! I still get out,I have a permit to hunt from a vehicle and I hunt off my ATV all the time...
Old 10-12-2009, 10:40 AM
Spike

i have been here for some time but i dont check this thread much
i am still trying to work out haw to grt in the field alot more.
Old 10-25-2009, 08:59 AM
Fork Horn

I'm not officially disabled, but I broke my back in '04 and things changed forever. I can still get out, but I'm limited in how far I can walk, and I'm not supposed to use treestands (among a bajillion other don'ts ). I guess I don't really have any point to this thread other than to say hello, and encourage others to get outdoors.
Old 02-20-2010, 03:43 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Bigtimer
Is that a (tens) stimulater? I have one and it is awesome. I have a bad back, both shoulders surgery and a hip replacement and I still hunt.
Old 06-20-2010, 12:44 PM
Fork Horn

centar,i busted my back and finally had it fixed.hahaha.i use traction,i hang upside down and its better than sex.i can walk and exercise hanging and doesnt hurt my back.most of the time i look like a troll hunched over but this has really helped me get back on my feet.i still have alotta bad dazebut i try exercising.hell i been in an ankle cast for over a year now and yup come hell or high water im going huntin.might just sit and watch but i wont be home bound anymore
Old 06-20-2010, 12:49 PM
Fork Horn

be very careful with those 10s units,u can do perminent damage with too much use or turning it up too far.as i said i got one of them swivil things ya hang upside down on.the VA told me to go home and get use to being more or less homebound.BULL S... I TRY to exercise and walk,its helped me alot
Old 06-20-2010, 02:04 PM
Super Moderator

There is a New Company in the north west thats into outdoor Activities for the physically challanged check them out at www.PNWOA.Org

Quick Reply: Disabled hunter thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.