Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Bow)
 Official Team "Wall Hangers" (18) Thread >

Official Team "Wall Hangers" (18) Thread

Community
Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Bow) All posts regarding the 2004 Deer Hunting Contest go into this Forum.

Official Team "Wall Hangers" (18) Thread

Old 08-23-2004, 01:16 PM

Default Official Team "Wall Hangers" (18) Thread

Check in here, and tell us where you're hunting, and if you have any prospects.
Team 18
Swampdawg...........Iowa
Josh keller..............West Virginia
Cloud 9,MN.............Minnesota
Matt/PA...................Pennsylvania
Kbacon...................Indiana
IL-Cornfed..............Illinois
Blacktalon...............North Carolina
LittleIndian..............Kentucky
Rob/PA Bowyer........Pennsylvania
Idial1973.................Pennsyvlania

I'm hunting in central North Carolina. Not any huge bucks seen this year, but there are several nice ones seen so far on my hunting land. About 7-9 so far. There is one MONSTER in the area, that noone got last year, hopefully he's still around. My bro-in-law guessed him around 150" +/-.

Good luck to the rest of ya'!!!

BLACKTALON
Old 08-23-2004, 01:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Team 18 thread.

West Virginia. Have my eyes set on a few that will represent myself very well. And one that will absolutely blow your mind. And then again, that 2 week hunt during the rut in South Texas may be decent
Old 08-23-2004, 03:12 PM
Fork Horn

Hunting Kentucky. We have a couple 150+ class bucks running around with one scoring 170+. We have 2300 acres in QDM for the last 4 years. This looks like it is going to be a great year.
Old 08-23-2004, 03:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Oh yeah, I just secured permission to hunt an old farm/orchard thats about 600 acres and has been closed to legal hunting for about 20 years I scouted in there with the owner and it looks absolutely awesome!
Old 08-23-2004, 04:17 PM

I think our team will do alright. I'm hunting southern Iowa in the peak of the rut. Nov8-14th. I will also be hunting west Texas some. If I can talk the Mrs. into it, I may even take a trip to some family land in Northern Missouri. Lets come up with a team name. Any suggestions?
Old 08-23-2004, 06:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hunting in Central Minnesota and I've been on a hot streak. In the last two seasons I've shot 3 big ones. Ireally hope siging up for this thing dosen't jinx me. I have cam photos of one real big one but I know there are others in the area. If drawn, I'll be hunting at Camp Ripley which you always see a couple big ones and hopefully get a crack at one!

Good Luck!
Old 08-23-2004, 06:46 PM

Cloud,

Too bad you and I didn't get drawn on the same team. [:@] Would my invite be in the mail to come up and "team up" together and get a couple biggins? Good luck at Ripley. I hope I get drawn also.
Old 08-23-2004, 08:09 PM
Boone & Crockett

Well, ya'll know me, if it aint big, it aint falling to my bow. I exclusively hunted a 22" 10pt last year, I had him coming to my call when a little buck pulled him off.........He's walking again this year in my area and my hopes are high so I hope to be an asset to team 18.....let's show em how to hunt whitetails.
Old 08-24-2004, 12:31 PM

there are a couple nice size bucks on the private land I hunt . hope to be asset to team as well . I'm another Pa hunter
Old 08-24-2004, 01:53 PM
Boone & Crockett

I volunteer as team captain if you'll have me...[:-]

Quick Reply: Official Team "Wall Hangers" (18) Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.