Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
safety isn't working >

safety isn't working

Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

safety isn't working

Old 10-15-2017, 05:55 AM
Spike

Default safety isn't working

For some unknown reason my safety isn't working on my crossbow.. Any ideas out there what my problem may be? Is it expensive to fix? I appreciate any help I can get..
Old 10-15-2017, 06:46 AM
Boone & Crockett

Take it to a bow shop, don't fiddle with it yourself. Safety is worth whatever it costs.
Old 10-15-2017, 06:47 AM
JW
Super Moderator

Please name the manufacturer of your xbow.

What I'd do immediately is contact customer support of the company that made your xbow.
After talking to them you might either send it in or find a qualified archery shop for repairs. But do call the company.

If the Safety is not working don't use it or try to fix it on your own.
That's what I'd do.

JW
Old 10-17-2017, 05:43 AM
Typical Buck

many xbows have a safety mechanism that stops the trigger from working if bolt and knock are not perfectly set in place, try taking biolt out, look at knock make sure it is aligned properly then push into place and try it again, sometimes the bolt actually moves forward and will trigger safety also
Old 10-17-2017, 06:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

costs really shouldn;t be the deciding factor, as how much do you think it will cost if you have an accident, and shooting something you didn;'t wish to, from living things to not!
a unsafe X bow is a dangerous item, that needs fixing and stop using till its fixed!

and I for sure would contact the OEM, and see what they say, odds are high they might fix for you for free?
as if its a design flaw, they could be in for a law suit! so, fixing your bow would be tons cheaper than letting it go as is!
Old 10-18-2017, 06:51 AM
Spike

Default safety isn't working

Thanks guys for all the suggestions. I will definitely drop it off to my local archery shop. The xbow is a Winchester which I know the company has gone belly up.
Old 01-19-2018, 04:43 PM
Spike

You should never be worrying about cost, because safety is very important