Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
Scope adjustment >

Scope adjustment

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Scope adjustment

Old 07-31-2017, 04:35 PM
Spike

Default Scope adjustment

Hello guys

I'm a newbie at crossbow hunting. I bought a carbon express crossbow and adjusted it at 20 yards no problem. I just don't know how to adjust it to 30 yards or more with the scope the store gave me with the crossbow. Here is a picture of my sight. What are the lines for? Usually on scope I should have the first point or line at 20 yards, 30 the next, then 40 and maybe 50 depending on the brand.

Thanks in advance

Phil
Attached Thumbnails Scope adjustment-scope.jpg  
Old 07-31-2017, 04:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

yes, the scope is a multi reticle design, you sight in at 20 yards or so with MAIN center cross hair, and then you SHOOT bow at 30 and 40 and 50, using the other cross hairs, there IS no way to adjust them each, you have to find a happy medium of sorts
the side bars on things LEFT?right, of center line, is supposed to be used to help in cross winds?

I wouldn't worry too much about them for basic hunting situations!
10-20-30 yards where most shots are at(and should be IMO) wind unless crazy strong shouldn't be much drift for you any how?

but sight in main at 20 ayrds, and then use lower one's to see where there at , at other distances

SOME times, you can sight in at 10 yards instead or the likes, to find the happy setting where the rest are most accurate

there all sport of universal like scopes on most all crossbows!

some bows are faster and flatter shooting than others, thus why you HAVE to shoot at all ranges and see where things go!