Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
Buying first crossbow soon >

Buying first crossbow soon

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Buying first crossbow soon

Old 06-30-2015, 01:26 AM
Typical Buck

Default Buying first crossbow soon

I know everyone swears by their bow or experiences. I pretty much know what I want and that's the TenPoint Titan. I want something that has mid range speed and no more than what this model costs. I have some gift cards so it so actually be a little less money spent on my end. I've read reviews and looked at videos and seems or I can't go wrong. I have been out of the archery game for a while now. I found some G5 heads I liked and have good reviews and people I know use them and like them. Basically looking for first hand experience with this crossbow to assure my future order.
Old 06-30-2015, 03:55 PM
Typical Buck

No first hand experience with a Titan. I bought a Turbo XLTII last year, couldn't be happier. Ten Point has the best customer service in the business and makes what I believe to be the best compound bows on the market. Mine has a 1000+ shots, no problems at all. Accuracy is great, trigger is good. Can't go wrong with Ten Point in my opinion.
Old 07-14-2015, 12:55 AM
Typical Buck

Thanks. I'm most likely going to get the Titan, just the bow alone. I have 200 bucks of just gift cards. So my price range is good and I can get extra bolts if needed and pick out Brodheads.
Old 07-15-2015, 01:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Looking at XCalibur matrix 405
Old 07-16-2015, 01:37 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Mr. Longbeard
Looking at XCalibur matrix 405
Out of my price range. 500 is my limit.
Old 08-26-2015, 08:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by JGFLHunter
Out of my price range. 500 is my limit.

You can find a Vortex and some of the older faster ones for around that price.

I got my excal vortex with all the right stuff (including Vari-zone) package PLUS extra stuff for $500 shipped on eBay several years ago. Originally wanted like $850, but I told him I could PayPal $500 instantly and he said "bet"..... when I got it I about ****. It was in mint condition and looked to be either never fired or at the most only a very few times.... SCORE!!! No marks anywhere on it.

May have to keep looking several times a day to find a good deal like that.... but they are out there. Also check craigslist.