Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
how about this for rail lube? >

how about this for rail lube?

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

how about this for rail lube?

Old 03-01-2015, 01:53 PM
Spike

Default how about this for rail lube?

it seems as tho jig a loo is not available like it use to be. what does anyone think about this as a 'dry' rail lube?

http://www.amazon.com/DuPont-Non-Sti.../dp/B003UTX0R8
Old 03-02-2015, 05:00 AM
Fork Horn

That should work very good!
Old 03-02-2015, 07:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Don't use any rail lube. Manufacturer (Camx) says it's not necessary.
Old 03-03-2015, 11:38 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by bugsNbows
same here for Excalibur
Old 03-20-2015, 07:37 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by bugsNbows
Are you saying YOU don't use any rail lube based on your xbow mfgrs recommendations or are you telling EVERYONE not to use any in ANY xbows? If you are telling everyone NOT to use any, then I hope they ignore such advice as its directly AGAINST what most mfgrs recommend & design their bows to be used with! Keeping a strings serving on the flight rail AND around the cams is perhaps THE most important thing one can do to assure proper performance, string life AND safety!

The strings & cables on my TenPoint & Barnett xbows are practically wet with lube & that goes double for the flight rails! I also keep an eye on the servings essentially every shot. I've yet to even have a string, cable nor any servings fray much less break in a dozen years now! I replace strings/cables simply because of age, not because they appear worn. I'll admit, I seldom have a dust problem & I travel to & fro with the bows in soft cases so the only time they are exposed is while on the way in/out of a stand & while on stand. If you are in very dry & dusty conditions then I'd recommend removing & re-applying lube quite often as grit in lube is just as bad as no lube!
Old 03-22-2015, 08:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm saying I don't use any per the specs from the manufacturer of my crossbow (Camx). I'm not recommending that advice to anybody else for any other crossbow. More clear now?
Old 03-24-2015, 07:30 AM
Fork Horn

The string wax on my Excalibur also provides enough lube (if you will) for the rail. There is no reason to lube the rail also..

I don't have all that cable/cam stuff to worry with either!