Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
Got my first buck with stealth ss >

Got my first buck with stealth ss

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Got my first buck with stealth ss

Old 10-06-2014, 12:11 AM
Spike

Default Got my first buck with stealth ss

Got my first buck with stealth ss Saturday after sending scope off for replacement. I had gotten scope back Friday and sighted xbow in just in time for my weekend off and Saturday was first time I got to hunt. Spitfire did not perform like I would like it to. I may have hit bone maybe why no pass through. The shot was under 15 yards but it ran off around 130 yards and stopped. Shot went tad high middle and little back. I figured it would go high little bit since zeroed at 20 yards. 2 blades were forward one closed and other pretty well closed and third was partial back. When I put them they were very tight, hard to open and close so maybe why. I got some swackers I have not tried. I thought of trying something else. Ideas?

Here is pics. Not sure of age of the deer? Tines has dark brown on the back sides with lots of white pointed spots on the tines.

Last edited by bravo2; 10-08-2014 at 09:42 PM.
Old 10-06-2014, 07:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great freezer fare there. Congrats. Looks like an explosion in a blood factory! Regarding X-bow BH's, I'm using RamCats and they do indeed fly / land exactly like my field points.
Old 10-06-2014, 12:30 PM
Fork Horn

I just use the plain old NAP Thunderheads and I have had no problems with my Excalibur. Killed several with it last year, all good shots and I usually see them fall.
Old 10-08-2014, 09:43 PM
Spike

I like to try ramcats and toxic.
Old 10-18-2014, 08:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

I hate mechanical BH's. As you stated, yours didn't work right. I have used three bladed Muzzy BH and they have never failed.
Old 10-18-2014, 09:23 AM
Typical Buck

I guess i am missing something . If the broadhead didn't open how did that giant hole get in its side?
Old 10-18-2014, 10:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

Originally Posted by grinder67
I guess i am missing something . If the broadhead didn't open how did that giant hole get in its side?
He said that two of the three blades opened!
Old 10-18-2014, 11:15 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by rafsob
He said that two of the three blades opened!
Re-read his post and he didnt say two of the three opened!! They obviously opened due to the damage in the photo. My confusion is, what else was the broadhead suppose to do beyond the 6inch hole it cut in the side on an apparent hard quartering shot!?!

Last edited by grinder67; 10-18-2014 at 11:25 AM.
Old 10-18-2014, 11:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

Originally Posted by bravo2
. 2 blades were forward one closed and other pretty well closed and third was partial back.
This BH only has 3 blades!!!!!!!!!

Plus the arrow was sticking out of the deers body. This is likely the reason for the damage. I hope you are more alert in the woods!!!
Old 10-18-2014, 11:50 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by rafsob
This BH only has 3 blades!!!!!!!!!

Plus the arrow was sticking out of the deers body. This is likely the reason for the damage. I hope you are more alert in the woods!!!
Really! The shaft cut all that hide and meat? LOL! You are funny! Glad I have alert people like you to educate slow folks like me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.