Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Best crossbow

Old 09-21-2014, 02:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Best crossbow

I'm looking for a new crossbow & want to see what everyone likes/dislikes. This will be for VA whitetails, hunting from tree stands. Not afraid to spend the $ for the best out there, lets hear what you think. Thanks!

I should add, my budget is $1,500 so maybe that won't get me the best one, but should get me a darn nice one (I'd think).
Old 09-21-2014, 03:01 PM
Spike

My money is on Camex. You would be hard pressed to find better once you weigh out your options.
Old 09-21-2014, 04:20 PM
Typical Buck

I always hear people praise ten point and one of the best. I know they have bows in the price range but that is about triple what I was willing to pay so I didn't research the high end stuff.
Old 09-21-2014, 06:18 PM
Spike

Tough to beat ten point in my book
Old 09-22-2014, 02:35 AM
Typical Buck

TenPoint is hard to beat. Quality and workmanship are top notch. Made in the good ole USA. Best customer service in the business. If you're looking for a recurve then I'd say Excalibur.
Old 09-22-2014, 07:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Camx user here. The Chaos is a top notch hunting set-up. It's dead nutz accurate too.
Old 09-22-2014, 09:58 AM
Typical Buck

You can buy ALOT of Crossbow with $1500! If I had $1500 stashed back that the wife didn't know about, I'd be spending it on a TenPoint Venom with the AccuDraw-50 on it. My old TenPoint Titan TL4 is a decade old but still "gettiner dun" & it'll be in the woods again this Sat morn for TN bow opener as well. I know the Venom would make you happy for the next decade+ as well.
Old 09-25-2014, 04:18 PM
Spike

Default Parker Xbows

Parker crossbows are a high quality x bow and they are made right there in your home state! They come with one of the best warranties in the business! I have a thunder hawk, and I just can't say enough about it. It's a compact crossbow (which is what I was looking for) and its very accurate and fast! It shoots at 320fps, which is really more than enough speed ! Too much speed, and in my opinion you create too much tork on the bow, which in turn affects on how accurate it is. At least that's the way it is with a compound bow, and I've been shooting for more than 40yrs, so I know a thing or two when it comes to shooting! The problem that I found with a lot of crossbows that I was looking at was they where just too darn heavy!!! I learned a lot about carrying heavy things in and out of the woods in all my years of hunting and heavy is just not suitable for me! I like being mobile and I try not to work up too much of a sweat as to keep my sent down as much as possible. This is another reason that attracted me to the Parker thunder hawk, was how lite it was, and easy it is to maneuver, especially if you hunt from a climbing tree stand.It fills all of my needs and it is a quality crossbow, just look up the reviews on it! hope this helped....good luck hunting...bob hosie
Old 10-04-2014, 08:50 PM
Fork Horn

Scorpyd crossbows !

By far the fastest for draw weight now being made. These are reverse draw type xbows.

Lower draw weight translates to lower noise & lower vibrations. Less chance for the deer to "jump the string" with lower noise & more accurate with lower vibrations.

Scorpyd's top of the line bow for performance is called the "Velocity" and with a draw of only 165 lbs will launch a 22" 400gr. arrow at 425 fps.

These are some of the more expensive bows on the market at this time, but the high end for any product pretty much always is.

Last edited by craig; 10-04-2014 at 08:51 PM. Reason: sfelling
Old 11-04-2014, 08:52 AM
Fork Horn

I just upgraded to the Excalibur Matrix 355 and it smokes them...Plus it is light and easy to maintain.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.