Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Best crossbow

Old 12-31-2014, 05:17 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by coolbrze0
I'm looking for a new crossbow & want to see what everyone likes/dislikes. This will be for VA whitetails, hunting from tree stands. Not afraid to spend the $ for the best out there, lets hear what you think. Thanks!

The narrower than most aspect of a Scorpyd crossbow would be a help in shooting from tree stands.

I should add, my budget is $1,500 so maybe that won't get me the best one, but should get me a darn nice one (I'd think).
My idea of the ideal crossbow for hunting from both ground & tree stand, for me would be the Scorpyd Velocity with a high end scope that has CDC top turret. Vortex Viper XBR 2.5-10X44 scope which you can get with CDC turret & which also has a illuminated reticule is hard to beat at it's price point.

The only issue with setting up a crossbow & scope set up using only the best of each will exceed your budget.

The combination of the Vortex Viper scope & Scorpyd Velocity crossbow would in IMHO could only be beat by that same Velocity crossbow with a even better tactical scope with a MRAD or MOA scope.......but that would raise the price even more.

The advantages to going with one of the better tactical scopes is that it would allow you to add adj. parallax & FFP recticule to the desirable features the Vortex XBR scope offers of large objective lens & illuminated multi aim points. But this would double or even triple the cost of the Viper scope.......that gets a bit scary.

I've a very loving & understanding wife........but such a set up would be pushing the limit rather hard......at best. LOL, I guess I could point out that such a crossbow & scope would still be less than a couple of my guns........but only a couple. It's hard to believe that the best crossbows if given a top shelf scope to go with them are priced like some really nice rifles of today............

Last edited by craig; 12-31-2014 at 05:26 PM.
Old 12-31-2014, 06:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Are you new to crossbows ? Recurve style is a nice platform to start with, Excal models. Compound style i would choose Mission MXB
Old 12-31-2014, 07:21 PM
Spike

Carbon Express intercept if wanting to stay under budget with scope and HHA optimizer. If wanting blazing speed and money is no option go with scorpyd. For me and what I have seen and held/shot, Ten point is ridiculously overpriced for what you get. Complete waste of money on name only. For the cost of the Ten point Carbon Extra cls, you could get a Carbon Express intercept plus HHA optimizer, bushnell or Nikon scope for it, Remington Model 700 aac threaded, couple hundred Black Eagle Executioner arrows, few hundred rounds of 308 and have cash left over.
Your call but try shooting them and look at the price tag. YMMV
Old 01-07-2015, 04:34 PM
Spike

2015 Kodabow Scout new model for 2015 under 25 inches cocked there a utube on kodabow site showing how its made =with best materials and top machine work!

Last edited by rockstarjoe; 01-07-2015 at 05:10 PM.
Old 01-07-2015, 08:28 PM
Spike

Just my 2cents is go to a dealer and try some out. See how they fit and feel, See how they shoot. Then check out Wyvern creations for the deals and prices. That's were I bought a Ten Point SS Stealth that I use for shooting out of tree stands and blinds. It's easy to carry through the woods, Very happy with my purchase.
Old 01-16-2015, 12:17 AM
Spike

Default Home -built --xbow

Hi ---
apologies --this is a question from an old African crossbow hunter--
(new member --)
Has anyone here --ever built a crossbow prod --
frm a steel pickup 6-8 mm thick --leaf spring blade?

I have built several --heavy -yes -but powerful --

can anyone give me any feedback /advice on their experiences in building from scratch ---using .basic tools ?
ie -how was the spring blade cut --etc --

thanku so much
appreciate
JACKRAB
Old 01-16-2015, 07:55 AM
Spike

Matrix nice bow had 380 and 355 just watch dry firing them by mistake or using after market string with end loops to big I had my 355 and 380 blow limb tip they are only glued not pinned a weak point in matrix and micro line!

The recurve cross that never failed me in 4 years is KODABOW I have zulu and express and now the new 2014 kodabow scout it just a little smaller than Matrix when cocked built much better the limb tip are incased in metal and threaded pin holds the string,the trigger the best in the cross bow world!
Old 01-19-2015, 06:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like my Darton viper. I actually liked it a little more than the Ten point I shot. But either would be fine as far as I'm concerned.

Good luck whatever you choose.
Old 01-19-2015, 07:26 PM
Spike

Darton a stand alone company great built and great service last for years!
Old 01-20-2015, 07:33 AM
Spike

My new kodabow coming home soon the new scout shorty 24.6 inch wide ,there now a scout conversation kit for full size kodabow matched limbs and 12 inch rail !

Had a few pm asking if I am a dealer no I am not and I don't work for kodabow kinda funny my kodabow post have been deleted Just trying give new updates here like other people do and for members who own kodabows that migh NOT know about new 2015 scout! Just excited that all!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.