Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
Carbon Express, Interceptor Axon?? >

Carbon Express, Interceptor Axon??

Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Carbon Express, Interceptor Axon??

Old 09-21-2014, 05:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking Carbon Express, Interceptor Axon??

Has anyone had any experience with this xbow? I bought one and like the bow, but had a problem with sighting it in. I couldn't get the arrows to group! I had four arrows actually completely miss my cube after they were hitting it during my session. This was happening at the 20, 30, and 40 yard distances. I was using the arrows that came with the kit I bought.

I got so disgusted that I was going to quit and go home. I remembered that I had a box of Horton arrows from my other bow. Now these arrows were a little heavier then the Carbon Express arrows. When I shot the Horton arrows I was killing the bull at all distances. This made me happy and now I know I'm ready for the woods. but I got to thinking that this should not have happened.

Am I using too light a broad head with the Carbon Express arrows? I shoot 100 gr. 3 blade Muzzy broad heads. Should I be using a 125 or 150 gr BH with these arrows? When I used the 100 gr. BH with the Horton arrows the xbow was dead on. I'm confused. the Carbon Express arrows a good arrows and should perform well. Am I doing something wrong? Help!!!
Old 10-17-2014, 10:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Red face

I guess no one is interested in this storyline!!!
Old 10-17-2014, 02:16 PM
Spike

I am, just bought a Covert CX-3 SL, hasn't got here yet.
Old 10-18-2014, 08:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

Originally Posted by G73110
I am, just bought a Covert CX-3 SL, hasn't got here yet.
I gotta say I'm very impressed with my bow. I did have an issue with the arrows and sighting her in. Had to use my Horton 420 gr bolts. They ran much better. Not sure if the weight forward system with the Horton bolts made the difference. After the season, I will take her back to the range an experiment.
Old 10-19-2014, 05:10 PM
Spike

make sure everything is tight. the only problem with CE is they sometimes have loose bolts/screws. Re zero with the carbon express arrows and sight in with field points. that will be your goal to replicate. I have found the only BH that has same POI with FP is Nap spitfire. I cant use any fixed blade BH.
Old 10-19-2014, 10:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Weigh your arrows and see... My bow manufacture tells me that minimum arrow weight is required...
Old 10-20-2014, 04:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think the CE arrows are light. I believe they are 380 grs. My Horton arrows were 420 grs. I use a 100 gr BH, but think I will need a heavier BH with the CE arrows. I have some heavy weight practice points I will try.
Old 10-20-2014, 01:18 PM
Spike

I have no problem using the arrows that came with it which are the Maxima Hunters. With 100gr BH they weigh in at 397. They zip right through any deer or hog I have shot. No need for more KE. The CAMX Accuspines come in at 403gr. No significant shift in poi. BEE at 420gr.
Old 10-20-2014, 04:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

Originally Posted by TXStr8shot
I have no problem using the arrows that came with it which are the Maxima Hunters. With 100gr BH they weigh in at 397. They zip right through any deer or hog I have shot. No need for more KE. The CAMX Accuspines come in at 403gr. No significant shift in poi. BEE at 420gr.
This was not my problem. Accuracy was my friend. As to speed, my arrows were actually passing through my buddies cube. Never did that before. I just couldn't get these arrows to group and remain consistent!!! Like I said before I will use heavier BH.
Old 10-21-2014, 01:41 AM
Spike

I'll be interested to see what happens. Let us know please? I don't know if a heavier arrow will fix the target pass through issue though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.