Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Barnett Recall

Old 09-14-2014, 10:06 AM
Spike

Default Barnett Recall

I bought a Barnett Penetrator for my Father-in-Law at Bass Pro Shops two days ago. Last night I met up with him at deer camp. As he shot the third arrow, it sounded like the bow exploded. I was told from Bass Pro about an hour ago that "the arrows are faulty and break under the pressure causing the strings to break milliseconds after the trigger is pulled. Bass Pro manager told me that they received an e-mail last night from Barnett announcing the recall. As of now, Bass Pro has all of them pulled off the shelves and internet (manager told me).
I didn't ask for anything special from Bass Pro. I just bought a different bow for a few hundred more which is the one my Brother told me to buy in the first place but I skimped for the Barnett to save a few hundred $$. Fortunately, I took photos of the bow before and after the event. Thought you and others should know.
Old 09-14-2014, 10:37 AM
Typical Buck

Which bolts/arrows were they? Were they aluminum or carbon?
Old 09-15-2014, 01:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yep, Barnett has had some issues... quality-wise and CS. Hope they treat everybody right.
Old 09-16-2014, 07:15 AM
Typical Buck

Even if they don't, no end to the number of new crossbow users who are willing to spend money on Barnett.