Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
Sticker Shock!!!!! >

Sticker Shock!!!!!

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Sticker Shock!!!!!

Old 06-30-2014, 09:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Cool Sticker Shock!!!!!

So I'm looking for a replacement for my Horton. And I go to Ten Point and almost swallowed my tongue. I'm thinking I may have done a Rip Van Winkle or something. What is with the out of galaxy prices??? I understand they are a very reputable company, but those prices are stupidly high. Who the hell is going to pay $2800 for a crossbow???
Old 06-30-2014, 01:02 PM
Spike

Have to agree. If you look at them, everything is machined/molded so there is very minimal hand work done. I can't see how some of the prices today are justified, and it isn't just crossbows. $6.00 and up each for arrows, $7+ for a single broadhead. Then there is the $40k pickup truck, the $2k lease, it doesn't stop. The average guy might as well give up hunting as it is past being priced out of his range.
Old 06-30-2014, 03:27 PM
Spike

Last year I bought a Carbon Express SLS for $550.00 and it kills deer just as dead as a $2800 10 point. Shot 3 of them over 50 yds. Sometime its more important who is behind the bow not the name on the bow. Just my 2cents.
Old 06-30-2014, 06:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

Originally Posted by one eye joe
Have to agree. If you look at them, everything is machined/molded so there is very minimal hand work done. I can't see how some of the prices today are justified, and it isn't just crossbows. $6.00 and up each for arrows, $7+ for a single broadhead. Then there is the $40k pickup truck, the $2k lease, it doesn't stop. The average guy might as well give up hunting as it is past being priced out of his range.
Boy ain't it the truth. I'm spending thousands each year just to hunt locally. It may be the downfall of our sport!
Old 07-03-2014, 11:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you want a tough, well built no frills hunting X-bow check out the CAMX. It is sold as a package only (direct from the manufacturer in Ohio). It includes bow, good scope, quiver, 6 GREAT arrows and a sling. This bow is ready to shoot ... and has already been shot and sighted in. They even chrono it and send you the sight-in target. This is a new company but the owners are not new to crossbows. David Choma (owner) has worked with another manufacturer (Horton I believe) for many years, and has literally built thousands of X-bows. Everything designed into this bow is for strength and function. The stock is great and has an adjustable LOP. The trigger is very good. The sight bridge (one piece billet) and PAR / anti-dry fire are his designs. They utilize a short ER scope to let you get up close and obtain a great cheek weld. There is no long cantilever scope rail to bend or get hung up in brush. I could go on and on. This is a hell of a hunting X-bow. BTW, it sells for $899 ready to go. Check out their website. Call up... and David will be glad to speak directly with you. He really knows crossbows! BTW, there is a great video review of the CAMX by Jeff over at Crossbow Nation.

Last edited by bugsNbows; 07-03-2014 at 11:34 AM.
Old 07-03-2014, 01:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default The price of crossbows seemed to go up...

when bowhunting in Pennsylvania became legal for all hunters and there were hundreds of thousand of new crossbow hunter customers.

And of course, there would have to be a fancy rifle stock and scope for all the newbies.
Old 07-04-2014, 05:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have not looked at cross bows in 4-5 years. It would be impossible for anyone to convince me that this gear is 4X better than my $700 set-up. $2800 .... plus tax, plus case, bolts and broadheads plus more tax ..... well over $3000! Wow !
Old 07-05-2014, 04:12 PM
Typical Buck

Animals are bigger, tougher, stronger,faster than they used to be! If you dont spend the money you cant be succesfull! And next year will be worse so count on replaceing all your out dated equipment with new and improved. After all its just money and money is what hunting is all about!!
Old 07-06-2014, 05:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Grinder is on to something. I did notice that the squirrels in our area seem to be able to leap tall trees in a single bound, beavers are leaving rooster tails, and the ducks these days are flying near Mach velocities, especially the Teals. I swear the deerr in our area are developinmg X-Ray like vision. I am convinced one spotted me though the ground blind wall .... either that or headr me snoring.

And no doubt the more you spend on hunting gear the better hunter that you become. Looking at all the cr@p I have in my "man cave" closet, I have to be nearing the perfect hunter !!!
Old 07-06-2014, 08:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

You guys are so right. How can anyone expect to kill a critter without the newest camo and equipment? It just can't happen I tell ya!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.