Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
Best and lightest crossbow >

Best and lightest crossbow

Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Best and lightest crossbow

Old 08-01-2011, 05:15 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by jab862
TenPoint Phantom or Carbon Fusion

hmmm I have a phantom and light and compact, never come to mind while carrying it.....
Old 08-04-2011, 01:57 PM
Spike

If you are OK with the width of the Excal try & look at a Middelton. It is about a pound lighter than the Excal ( bare bow ). I own them both and love the recurve format!
Old 08-05-2011, 03:30 AM
Fork Horn

Axiom, lightest bow Excal makes 5.8lbs http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/cat...m_crossbow_kit
Old 08-05-2011, 09:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by NJheadhunter71
Yep going with the Excal phoenix
Good choice...!
Old 08-10-2011, 01:58 PM
Typical Buck

recurves are to noisy for me. i shoot a tenpoint proslider. very accurate and carries very well.
Old 08-19-2011, 05:55 AM
Spike

I just sold my xcal equinox. Ordering a StrykeZone 380. Light FAST and narrow!!!
Old 08-19-2011, 06:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by angv350
I just sold my xcal equinox. Ordering a StrykeZone 380. Light FAST and narrow!!!

Judging by the post on Archery Talk re broken down 380's, perhaps you should have kept the Excal for backup.
Old 08-20-2011, 04:55 AM
Spike

i guess they had problems with the early launch. They seem to be getting better as we speak... I shot one the other day and was AMAZED!!! Loved the Ecal but way to wide and noisy.
Old 08-20-2011, 07:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well we all have our thoughts influenced by what we own and have shot. I used to have an archery and muzzle loading shop many years a go and am friends with two of the people that own local ones so I get to play occasionally. I own a Ten point had it for a long time and while it is high quality and accurate beyond belief they should have put wheels on it to make it portable, I hope the new ones are just as good and much lighter but the last time I shot one it was still to heavy; I also have a very nice Excalibur Exocet it also has taken a lot of deer it is not to heavy and also very accurate but tends to limit the angles you can shoot out of a stand and you have to hang it farther away because of the width, the maintenance on it is very easy.
I just bought a Parker Tornado and while it is excellent in most ways it has not produce the accuracy the other two have but I am still tuning on it. It requires those half moon or eared nocks and I have never gotten them to shoot as good as the 10 point which is what works best on the others. But I have a ways to go on it, I am fetching some arrows with as much helical as the slot will allow this helped both with wind planing and accuracy with the others and I have hopes it will take my 2 inch group at 30 yds down to 1 inch
The trigger is to stiff and I expect it to wear in some, but it is just the right weight to light is hard to hold steady and to heavy is a real drag for me about 7 pound is the best of all worlds. I am 74 now so the weight bothers me more than it used to so does tree climbing but I think I can stay with it for a few more years.
Good luck and good hunting.
Old 08-20-2011, 09:14 AM
Spike

Lee, if you have time go look at the new StrykeZone 380 and please shoot it! I promise it will blow you away if your looking for something light and accurate. I should be receiving mine in a couple weeks as they are on backorder, so I will keep everyone up to date on results.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.