Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
Going Horizontal Article >

Going Horizontal Article

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Going Horizontal Article

Old 09-21-2010, 07:01 AM
Spike

Default Going Horizontal Article

Brett Miller, a first-time crossbow user from Versus.com, has a nice article up about how crossbows got him back in the woods. Take a look at http://www.versus.com/blogs/from-the...ng-horizontal/
Old 09-24-2010, 08:36 AM
Typical Buck

Good article, I enjoyed using my crossbow when I had it, and I have it to thank for getting me into archery. When the time comes that I can no longer draw my compound I will gladly go back to a crossbow just to be in the woods.

Only thing I don't understand with the article is he passed up a monster buck at 38yrds for a small doe at 34 yards. Think it was more in his mind being the first time with a crossbow and in the woods. After a while he built up his confidence with it.
Old 09-24-2010, 11:39 AM
Spike

You're absolutely right, I didn't have confidence in myself when I passed up that buck. I loved the experience though. As far as I know he's still out there!
Old 09-29-2010, 03:40 PM
Typical Buck

Nothing wrong with not taking a shot. Shows great control over one's self to pass up a shot they are not comfortable with.

I will pass up a shot on a deer if I am not 100% sure of it. There are more deer in the woods, more days to hunt them, and the animal you are going to take deserves your best and most humane shot.